James Behring Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188530 - 06/25/20 06:57 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Hey Capt', as you know... once again, I was not able to attend this year. However, If I had been planning to, I would not!

I run a major Travel Sports Venue for Seminole County and today was our 1st day of opening for travel tournaments. This event went from 80 teams last year to 30 this year. We have teams and umpires from 13 states and several that canceled from NY/NJ/Conn due to the 14 day mandatory quarantine! Next week to be very similar, multiple states involved.

I work directly with the Director of Emergency Management as my team directly handles all Hurricane and Evacuation shelters. The info is more accurate than TV or social media.

My best decision for myself, family, coworkers, and friends... unfortunately is to stay home.

I'll be shopping the forum, sites and great dealers and people on this forum!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#188531 - 06/25/20 07:10 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: CrazyCajun]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
As David said above, I am planning to be there.

I have concerns about the displays. One, it's just more stuff to manage and sanitize. I am also concerned that we will not have people to watch over them..... Like Lori and Wally above.

It would better if they moved them back in the main room.

#188533 - 06/25/20 07:41 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: tunefink]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

With potentially fewer attendees... There should again be more room to get them into the main room. Good Point!!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#188535 - 06/25/20 07:42 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: tunefink]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I spoke with Alicia, at length, today. She likes our club tables (& The Chatahoochee knife clubs) tables "where they are" as they are not interfering with flow in the lobby.
Buck's club tables are reduced from 25 to about "10". I have left the door open with her and her me on "all of this". I will have "1" table inside for trade purposes. That deal was ironed out today.
I know it will not be what it usually is..."BUT"...they (Blade Show) have 3500 pre-sold tickets for the public and, of course "no international" tickets. It may be better than we think. One thing is: Less competition!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (06/25/20 07:43 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188538 - 06/25/20 07:57 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Put me in as a solid maybe on the displays. If we can secure enough people to keep them manned, I will display.

I want to support the effort, but I am not going to leave my knives unattended.

#188551 - 06/26/20 08:45 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: tunefink]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tune, we'll come watch the display and keep it wiped down if you're coming.

#188561 - 06/26/20 10:54 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
As Spiro Agnew mentioned in the 70's, I don't want to be one of the "nattering nabobs of negativism", But, (One of the Capt's favorite words) even Colorado with its stricter containment efforts is experiencing an increase of cases and hospitalizations. There is talk of maybe imposing quarantines on returning from out-of-state travel. I haven't cancelled my reservations in Atlanta at the Residence Inn, but (again), at my age (more than that youngster Capt. Chris), barring a sudden advance with a vaccine, I will still probably pass.
Wally and Lori, you are troopers to keep the Club Tables actively monitored. Kudos!
Molon Labe

#188566 - 06/26/20 01:32 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Ken and I will be there,displaying and pulling guard duty.
I haven't made up my mind as to what I will display this year.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#188575 - 06/26/20 04:18 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Billy Poyner]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Well, that settles it. I'll be there!

#188578 - 06/26/20 05:45 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
Lori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
So, It appears that I will be at Blade. Looks like I will have to self quarantine when I come back from Hotlanta. My mom's surgery has not been scheduled yet, so we will plan for the end of August. She is going to a short term facility for rehab a couple of weeks, before she comes home. I hope to see you at the display tables!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod