dominionhobby.com Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188845 - 07/09/20 10:19 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Salty Cracker]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Very sad. So many are losing loved ones. Roberto De Niro said it best, it’s like we are watching a Sci-fi movie but it’s for real.

#188847 - 07/09/20 11:42 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Wayne Dee Jordan is a perfect example. I am bad worried about him. He is in a high risk age group. You will not find a better man. Hard on my mind......

Eric, I am sorry to hear of your loss. One of my key managers has it. So far, not severe.

Y'all wash your hands.

#188852 - 07/10/20 05:49 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: RamKingJC]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
I am out. Thanks to the Cap and GTR for the tough but right decision and guidance.

Will miss you all but hope that this shall pass without further deaths and hospitalizations. Next year we can all hoist one or two together at Blade 2021!

Stay safe.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#188856 - 07/10/20 09:50 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: GCTom41]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Eric,
So Sorry for your loss.

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#188867 - 07/10/20 01:25 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Salty Cracker]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Very sorry, Eric, that this deadly virus has come so close and impacted your family. I’m so very glad to hear all of you guys who are so far canceling your Blade plans. I’ve resisted, for many reasons, strongly urging this but really struggle with so many folks making different decisions every day. If any of you are yourselves, or your loved family member, having to suit up in protective layers every morning and then strip on the porch, bag your clothes and disinfect every evening; and have been doing this since mid-March, it has truly changed the way you view the world and make decisions every day. This year I’ve finally built the outside shower. And it’s been used every day since late April. I’m not the one but wish it was me instead of my wife who goes to work at her hospital everyday. I’m proud of her but........ And more than one of her colleagues have caught it.
Anyway it just ain’t the time to go ahead and go on the beach vacation “you really deserve”, or prove what a man you are by not wearing the mask. I truly hope that not just me but she too gets to make Blade, raise a glass and meet some of you good folks another year.
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#188868 - 07/10/20 01:30 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Thanks for the kind words. John was a tough but generous spirit. Survived Vietnam and Desert Storm in his 21 years in the USAF. At 65 he retired a second time and was looking forward to flying the RV6 he built and traveling America with his wife of 46 years. Our prayers are with Rose who is now battling this virus by herself. Virtual hugs are not as effective as the needed hugs one needs at these times.

Wear a mask in public. Small price to pay and it’s been proven to help reduce the spread.

#188878 - 07/10/20 06:27 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Eric,
I am sorry to hear about John.
My condolences to you and your family.
Stay safe!
Molon Labe

#188912 - 07/12/20 11:05 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Well...I guess we shall hear from "others" who attend this year's drastically reduced Blade show as to how it is/was. Meanwhile, those of us who have "come to our senses" (Thanks for that one James) will move on to other things for the time being.
As for me, seeing as how I have (obviously) "not" come to my senses, I'll be attending the AGCA (Alabama Gun Collectors Assoc.) show in Hoover, Al. this upcoming weekend. I know of more than a "few" fellow forum members (& RKCC club members) who have lost their "sense" of direction that will be joining me there!
I'll (we'll) keep you posted...to be continued.
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188916 - 07/12/20 08:43 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Unfortunately, see some posts in other places along these lines:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ebook-post.html

Ohio man, 37, dies from coronavirus after claiming the pandemic which has killed more than 135,000 people was just 'hype' in a Facebook post

Richard Rose, 37, died on July 4, four days after testing positive for coronavirus
A US Army veteran, he loved social media, paranormal, NASCAR and NFL
He was fervent in support of Trump, writing: 'I’m glad to call him MY PRESIDENT'
In an April 28 Facebook post, Rose declared that he wasn't buying into the 'hype'
He also made it clear that he would not be wearing a mask as recommended
But on July 1 Rose started feeling ill and wrote that he had COVID-19 symptoms
That same day he announced positive test results and that he'd be quarantining
He died at home in Port Clinton, Ohio, on July 4
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#189027 - 07/16/20 01:21 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: LarryWW1246]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
OK: Bulletin!!
Although it may not be "official" news as of yet...It's the "truth". The Blade Show is officially cancelled!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod