Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188819 - 07/09/20 11:44 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
All I can tell you, David, is Georgia ain’t Colorado...thank God! I do not know if any decisions have been made, other than what Alicia has told me. She stated that Blade would “request” and “encourage” everyone wear masks.
Sad thing about all of this is the “not-knowing”...
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188826 - 07/09/20 05:33 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Great Eastern Cutlery just canceled their annual Rendezvous Show scheduled for the same weekend as Blade Show.

#188827 - 07/09/20 05:52 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
RKCC members and friends,
This is not a pleasant post...but necessary. A lot of speculation going on as to the if and if nots, the why and why nots concerning the Blade Show.
I just got off the phone with Alicia and, according to her, the show will go on. That is good news (sorta'). It's a mixed bag, to be sure, but it will give folks something to do other than what "has been" available.
I also recently just got off the phone with Scott and need to share some "stuff" with all of you. GTR (Gary Randall) has suggested, to all Randall personnel, that it would not be in their (or the shop's) best interest to attend this year's Blade Show. I cannot disagree with that statement.
GTR's concerns are, not only about Covid 19, but security and well being of all in attendance. There has been a significant increase in shootings and other violent acts in and around the Atlanta, Ga. area of late.
It is because of all of this GTR has concerns. Scott informed me that no one from The Randall Shop will be attending this year's Blade Show. I cannot disagree with that either.
OK now: What about "us"? Well: I can't speak for all of you but my stance is: "If the Randall Shop is advising all to stay away..."I'M" staying away too!
I informed Alicia that I would not be attending and would not require RKCC club display tables or our meeting room this year. It's an official "scrub" for me! I hate it but it's just not in the cards for me to ask members to (possibly) put themselves in harm's way for the sake of me...or the club!
Tony & I are working hard on a "KNIFE KNEWS" and that will happen. A new club-offering will be featured amongst those pages, that's for sure! ALL RKCC/RKCA members, good standing or not, will get a copy, if desired.
RKCC-RKCA club dues are not required this year and any that have been or will be paid will pay that member up through June of 2022! This, as you can see, is "not" about the money...but, after all, it's Randall Made Knives: This other bad shit is "Life Itself"!
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (07/09/20 06:09 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188828 - 07/09/20 05:52 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: tunefink]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

We got good news today about some of the people we care for the most, NOT going to Blade. I hope more of y'all come to senses...

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#188831 - 07/09/20 06:57 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: RamKingJC]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
My Cousin had just retired. Living in Chandler, AZ he and his wife decided to go to an RV show in Phoenix. 12 days later they both got sick. On July 4th just 7 days from showing the first signs, cough and fever, my Cousin could not breath and his wife called 911. He died 4 hours after arriving at the hospital. His wife is still battling COVID. I know if they had to do it over, they would have stayed home.

Great call by RMK And you Captain Chris.

#188834 - 07/09/20 07:41 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lori and I are out. Sorry to hear about your loss, Eric.

#188835 - 07/09/20 07:48 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Eric, sorry about your loss, prayers for you and your cousin's family.

Thanks for the update, Capt.

I've been "on the fence" about going for the past couple of weeks, which is why I haven't jumped in. This pretty much seals the deal for me -- save my money.

If the club newsletter is printed before November, please bring an extra copy with you to Tulsa (assuming we're mostly done with the Covidz by then).

#188836 - 07/09/20 08:27 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Windsor]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Stressful times for sure, but under the circumstances, it makes sense to not attend. Also, Atlanta has consistently become more dangerous over the years. It was bad 20 years ago when I was still marketing. It just isn't worth the chance and it sure looks like a different city might be considered in the future.

Pap

Edited by pappy19 (07/09/20 08:28 PM)
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#188842 - 07/09/20 09:25 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: pappy19]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Eric:

That's horrible!!!!

Coach

#188843 - 07/09/20 09:37 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: coachblalock]
Salty Cracker Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
@Eric, condolences.
Well all of the above has made up my mind, I'm out too.
Thanks for the update.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod