Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188604 - 06/27/20 01:00 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Lori]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
This was the first year I had everything worked out to finally make it to BLADE.
EVERYTHING.....but the damn COVID-19.....& had been so excited for months.
But using my normal problem solving skills, it just ain’t on the side of the list of
“Things worth dying for”...& I ain’t no weannie. I do have to consider the others counting on me to make good decisions.
I’ll happily attend and support any “virtual” anything BUT already am, and it’s a poor substitute that comes under “better than nothing.” It just seems to be the option presented for best choice in many, many daily decisions right now.

Edited by Duke (06/27/20 01:01 PM)
Edit Reason: Spelling
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#188617 - 06/27/20 10:18 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Duke]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt
Ain't worth it
Stay Home
We miss ya as it is
Sharpi

#188618 - 06/27/20 10:23 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Duke]
spark42 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kentucky
Capt.
As of right now, Doc Bill and my plans are still the same. We plan on displaying and manning the tables. I appreciate all the members that bring a display. One of the best part of Blade is looking at the displays and talking to people that walk up.
And of course, spending time with the other members manning the tables.

Dennis
RKS #4298
RKCC #CM057

#188671 - 06/30/20 08:53 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: spark42]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Georgia's Governor Kemp has extended the States emergency guidelines to August 11th. If this will affect BLADE, I do not know.

#188713 - 07/04/20 07:01 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I have been thinking abut this while on the road. I will not be bringing a display. It just adds contact and complexity.

"If" I attend, it's my intention to put two tables across the front of my booth with closed glass cases. I will "quarantine" behind the tables.

I think it's 50/50 if the state allows it. Just my 2 cents.

#188714 - 07/05/20 06:55 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: tunefink]
Captain Chris Stanaback Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I have told Alicia we need (The Club, that is) 6-8 tables "inside" the main hall. She understands and is working on it.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188813 - 07/09/20 09:36 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I spoke with Art Green and Gary Clinton. Neither are attending.

I have an email out to Tommy Clark.

I am not trying to sway people, but we should expect a much smaller show.

#188814 - 07/09/20 11:01 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Cap & Mitchell,

I still have not cancelled but there is a 14-day quarantine if/when I come back from Georgia. If that remains I am out.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#188817 - 07/09/20 11:36 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: GCTom41]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Did Blade Show provide an updated diagram of how they were configuring the show to provide proper spacing for distancing?
Here in Colorado, our local drag racing track, Bandimere Speedway, is being summoned to court for violating the 175 people limit they agreed to with the Health Dept. over the 4th of July.
They had attendance of 7500 and only requested that people practice social distancing.
The owner said he could not survive with only 175 spectators.
I am sure everyone is experiencing similar stories.
Molon Labe

#188818 - 07/09/20 11:44 AM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: BladesNBarrels]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

No map yet David, just a list which is not accurate. Here is a statement from the website.

Later this month, we will be posting safety guidelines and recommendations for both our exhibitors and our attendees. This information will include precautions the Cobb Galleria will be taking as well as Show Management. They will also outline procedures for registration lines, and social distancing where applicable. At that time, mask requirements will also be addressed.
It is the goal of the Cobb Galleria and the BLADE Show Staff to make the show experience enjoyable and safe throughout the weekend.
Sincerely,
The BLADE Show Team

Cobb Galleria is hosting the "Build Expo" next weekend. It will be interesting to see if there is any feedback from that event.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod