Clinton Knives Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186816 - 04/04/20 08:35 AM Blade Show or Not
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My wife and I have cancelled our hotel reservations for Blade. It takes us two days to get there and then 4 nights in a hotel in Atlanta and two days to get home. With Covid 19 on going, even if we could travel, we don’t want that much exposure to different situations/people.
Not to mention our common border is closed and we don’t think the worst of this pandemic is over.
Maybe we should have a Knifetalk Forums “ Blade Show” with a wish list or items wanted and for sale.
Stay safe everyone.
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

#186819 - 04/04/20 09:50 AM Re: Blade Show or Not [Re: rodbrown]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The forum "blade show" sounds interesting for sure- especially given the conditions.
Walker

#186821 - 04/04/20 09:57 AM Re: Blade Show or Not [Re: Shoot870p]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I spoke with Alicia last week and she told me they would make a decision within 2-3 weeks...(Yikes)! Talk about waiting till the last minute. I told her I would support the show and (one way or another) fill the 10 RKCC tables and have our annual meeting..."BUT"...I would not send a final payment for my booth because I was positive my international customers would not be coming, along with thousand of American ones and I could not justify that extra expense.
I will let you all know, if and when I hear more!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#186823 - 04/04/20 10:18 AM Re: Blade Show or Not [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Ahh, my credit card was automatically billed for the booth at Blade, so that is done.
The Colorado Gun Collectors Show changed their dates to the same as Blade currently is scheduled, so I did not get a table in Colorado.
The Colorado Show is not a great show for knives, but it is a unique and good firearms show.
One of their rules is no firearms that can be bought in a Sporting Goods shop, so you get the real collectibles.
Half of the tables are for displays versus sellers, so you see some real life-time collections that the owners dedicate a lot of time setting up.
Molon Labe

#186824 - 04/04/20 10:43 AM Re: Blade Show or Not [Re: BladesNBarrels]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
The odds of Blade Show occurring are next to zero. I have not canceled my room yet, but....

#186826 - 04/04/20 11:21 AM Re: Blade Show or Not [Re: tunefink]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
I haven't even made reservations yet...could not understand my hesitancy for the longest time...I guess someONE else knew something I didn't!!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#186827 - 04/04/20 12:04 PM Re: Blade Show or Not/ [Re: Dirty_Water]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I read that if the state (Georgia) or Federal Govt or?? decreed that there are to be no "mass gatherings/meetings/conventions/ etc. then the people putting on the show would not be on the hook for the costs of the show. IF the people putting on the show cancelled on their own, then they would not get their money back.
This is just 10th hand information, from a CANADIAN!!!
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

#186835 - 04/04/20 05:49 PM Re: Blade Show or Not/ [Re: rodbrown]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Best information I could find concerning Georgia's efforts to combat the COVID-19:

Last updated April 3 at 3:52 pm ET

There are 5,831 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia and 184 deaths, according to the Georgia Department of Public Health. This makes Georgia 11th in the list of states with the most US coronavirus cases.

Georgia governor Brian Kemp issued a stay-at-home order on April 1. According to the order, people should remain at home except for essentials. At a press conference, Kemp said he ordered the stay-at-home measure after just learning that people could transmit the disease before having symptoms.

Kemp declared a public health state emergency for Georgia at a press conference on March 14.
Molon Labe

#186858 - 04/06/20 08:40 AM Re: Blade Show or Not/ [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
I had been going to BLADE for 20 years and totally enjoyed it.

However,the past two years,as soon as I received the dates for the show,I would call in for reservations at the Waverly and would be told all rooms were booked.

I have a feeling that some outfit bought up the rooms and were selling them out to select customers.

I could be wrong on this but it had turned me off to BLADE and I probably will not go back again.

Wayne

#186859 - 04/06/20 09:11 AM Re: Blade Show or Not/ [Re: Wayne Dengler]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Rooms became more difficult due to the new Braves Stadium moving north. It' just across the highway from the Waverly. When the Braves have a home stand..... no rooms.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod