Nifeboy.com James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186842 - 04/05/20 10:06 AM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Lori]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Lori, and others--

This virus is like SARS in that it can be transmitted into the air by people sneezing, coughing, and talking. Contact is a no-brainer and that was all the experts wanted to warn about at the beginning.

There are guesses about how long it might stay suspended in the air, but it is, and that is the way many people have gotten infected.

I have seen no info about whether it can be transmitted via HVAC.

Getting it into the eyes results in infection. The tear ducts drain into the nose and back of the throat. So eye protection is also important (otherwise medical personnel would not need goggles and face shields).

This is a stealth virus in that people who have it might not show symptoms, might not get sick, but still dangerous to be near them. And it is not clear how long they can carry it.

People who have "recovered" have to be tested to know if they still carry it and be able to infect people. Also still uncertain whether they can get it again and how long any resistance might last.

And, the attempt to contain it and have it burn out with 14-day lockdowns has lots of "leaks." Not all places went into lockdown, not all did it at the same time, not all prevented people from coming into them, and not all people were stopped from leaving--any of these have kept the virus moving around.

This has caused continued spreading to new places, and maybe rolling outbreaks will continue.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#186861 - 04/06/20 08:47 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: LarryWW1246]
Ausblade Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: A land downunder
I hope you are all bunkered down over there, it looks pretty bad in some places.
In Australia most of us have been under house arrest for a couple of weeks now. Unless we work in an assenting service, we are only allowed to go out to buy our food supplies. I suppose it is necessary as we only have 3,300 ventilators in the whole of Australia. We don’t know what the true situation is here because, we haven’t got enough test kits, they are only testing people returning from overseas. So like China if you have not been tested for Covid then you died from pneumonia. Stay safe people.

Edited by Ausblade (04/06/20 08:47 PM)

#186863 - 04/06/20 10:24 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Ausblade]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Hey Graham...I'm sorry your return to the forums has to happen under these circumstances...stay safe sir

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#186864 - 04/07/20 02:25 AM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Dirty_Water]
Ausblade Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: A land downunder
Thanks Scott, will do.
I actually do drop in to the forum from time to time, just not much to say, since it became so expensive to import knives into Australia from the US.
With the Australian dollar worth about $0.60, postage up around $70.00 and taking in some cases 3 months, then having to pay Australian tax on the landed price, it almost doubled the cost of a knife. But I still like to look at them and read the stories.

I've had 3 more trips to the US since I was down in Orlando but they have all been in the North West and Alaska. We were meant to be in Jackson (MS) for the 2020 World Sporting Clay Championships in July, to watch my nephew compete. It has been put off until November but Australians aren't allowed to shoot or leave the country for at least 18 months so I guess that isn't going to happen.

Anyway I will be sitting around the house for the foreseeable future so I expect I'll be frequenting this forum a bit.
Cheers

#186873 - 04/07/20 07:30 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Ausblade]
Lori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
SC Governor has ordered all South Carolinians must remain at home or work unless visiting family, exercising,or obtaining essential goods or services. He wouldn't issue a Shelter in Place. I'm Essential and required to go to work, but they finally closed the door to the public today. This came about 3 weeks to late, because we had 2 employees to test positive in the Court House, and now they are having to do a deep clean. I'm in another building. Pretty much no change for me.

#186900 - 04/09/20 10:01 AM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Lori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
The governor of my state has issued his 23rd executive order now even telling how stores may direct the customers around the aisles by using arrow markers on the floors.

It has become quite clear to me that they are using this virus as a good excuse to ram controls down over the population.

Wayne

#186901 - 04/09/20 10:07 AM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I have noticed a good many more black helicopters lately.

#186906 - 04/09/20 02:32 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: tunefink]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
I have noticed so many now wearing face masks. I think most of them don't know that the masts don't keep them from getting the Co-Vid 19,they just keep them from passing it on. This has gotten so out of hand that it is scary. We seem to be a nation of Sheepil that takes the main stream news as what is going on which is just a lot of bull.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#186908 - 04/09/20 02:48 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: Sidney_Redford]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
NY has asked all to wear a mask, or any covering to do just that ...
to not POTENTIALLY spread spread the virus that you might not
even know you have. Pretty damn serious here in the NY Tri-State area.
We've had about 7 or 8 family members/friends get the virus.
Most of them have gotten over it in two weeks.
Unfortunately we lost my Brother In-Law on Monday due to complications
of the virus.
No Bull.

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#186910 - 04/09/20 03:17 PM Re: CO-VID 19...so, who's in lockdown? [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Tony, I am sorry to hear about your loss. I wish everyone was taking this more seriously. Here in Michigan too many are not adhering to stay home.

Although wearing a mask will not protect you from contracting the virus, it will help remind you to not touch your face.

My oldest daughter lives in West Chester. She is an elementary teacher in the Bronx. She has been in lock down since mid March.

Everyone should be staying at home when possible.

Page 6 of 13 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod