Stanback Knives Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186405 - 03/12/20 04:26 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
[quote=BladesNBarrels]I am following Rod's advice and asked to roll my Tulsa tables to November. Hopefully, there will be some resolution to this by then. [/quote

Great news! IMO things will get much worse before they get better.]
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

#186408 - 03/12/20 06:08 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: rodbrown]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Rob!!
Well....Fulton County schools did make it back today....BUT!!! you were close....they are now closed until further notice....along with all other schools in this area...they made it one day....maybe it was for me????
airport still open though....
God bless this pandemonium!!! I hope every has the TP that they need!!! Is this crazy, or what???
There is no telling how crazy this is going to get, before it gets better...can anyone say H1N1.....more cases, way more deaths, however we are not through with this yet...I just do not remember the hysteria....

:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#186415 - 03/12/20 08:37 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: thevalueman]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
Things have gotten really crazy. People that should know better are all in on this and I am sick of it already. People are nuts, buying up all the TP. in the stores like they are never going to get out again, This is the same in our part of the state that when they call for snow,people go on a shopping spree for milk and bread, it doesn't even have to snow before this happens and they close the schools just because they are calling for snow. It seems like the whole world had gone batty.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#186416 - 03/12/20 09:46 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Sidney_Redford]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I've got this!!!

Attachments
------123_1.jpeg

RKCC#25

#186431 - 03/13/20 11:58 AM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Windsor]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
They have known about this virus since the 1970s.

Nothing new here but the media is again fanning the fire.

Hopefully cooler thinking will prevail but I doubt.

Wayne

#186448 - 03/13/20 05:26 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Wayne Dengler]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
The category was known, but this is a new version.

According to the World Health Organizaiton, WHO:

"The source of the coronavirus COVID-19 is believed to be a "wet market" in Wuhan which sold both dead and live animals including fish and birds.
Such markets pose a heightened risk of viruses jumping from animals to humans because hygiene standards are difficult to maintain if live animals are being kept and butchered on site. Typically, they are also densely packed.
The animal source of the latest outbreak has not yet been identified, but the original host is thought to be bats. Bats were not sold at the Wuhan market but may have infected live chickens or other animals sold there.
Bats are host to a wide range of zoonotic viruses including Ebola, HIV and rabies."

But, of course, I am not an expert and I don't play one on TV

Edited by BladesNBarrels (03/13/20 05:33 PM)
Molon Labe

#186450 - 03/13/20 05:29 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

David--

The media I have seen said the virus might have made it from bats to reptiles, both of which are eaten there. You can order interesting things in the restaurants, and people shop at the markets.

A cultural thing….

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#186451 - 03/13/20 05:38 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: LarryWW1246]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
It sure makes me wonder how all of these things evolve.
The first report I saw was a news report from the Telegraph in England that traced it to a type of salamander that Chinese men ate to enhance their sexual prowess.
The world is strange and human behavior even stranger.
Molon Labe

#186457 - 03/13/20 07:18 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

well....we need to find out how the bats got it....Trump/Bush/Cheney/Scooter Libby....it's not China's fault...it's the conservatives!!!

RKCC#25

#186469 - 03/13/20 11:47 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: thevalueman]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Welp, I made it home via aircraft, so no driving the distance this time.

Good news is both the dog *AND* the wife were happy to see me. smile

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod