Randall Made Knife Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186373 - 03/10/20 10:00 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: tomthbomb]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
When I worked for the Forest Service in 1969, the temporary Admin assistant ordered 100,000 files instead of 100. A huge semi came one day and dropped off 100 boxes of files. Big problem. We had no place to store the file boxes, so every office had wall to ceiling with file boxes until they could be distributed to other districts. Took 3 years.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#186383 - 03/11/20 01:12 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: pappy19]
LarryWW1246 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The people trying to manage the response to the COVID-19 are in a lose-lose situation.

Do too much, or do it before people are really scared, and they are "creating panic."

Deliver calming messages, do too little, or do it slower than people who are not responsible for doing it think it could be or should be done, or do it only after the general public has panicked, and they are being "unrealistic" and "failing to respond" and "failing to protect the public."

And whichever party is not in the White House gets to criticize, delay, and throw rocks at whoever is in the White House.

Talking heads on TV, not only reporters but also people who actually are educated and knowledgeable in their own particular fields, criticize the party that is in the White House because they don't like them anyway, and even second-guess officials who are experts and who are actually responsible for dealing with the problem.

People who are not sick themselves or have close ones sick--resent and complain if they are inconvenienced by whatever protective measures officials put in place--or worse yet mandate be done.

People who are sick or whose loved ones become sick are often angry that somebody let this happen to them. Even though they might have ignored all the messages to take precautions.

No matter--

COVID-19 looks to have a life of its own. People in the more developed countries are catching it in ways that the experts might not fully understand. Even taking precautions, it appears that many of us will be exposed to it.

The global tragedy that I think will happen is when it gets into the less developed countries and among various displaced people like the refugee camps.
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#186387 - 03/11/20 05:17 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: LarryWW1246]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Tom & Pappy,
Y'all helped me figure out it was my wife panicking that caused her to order one of my birthday presents....."Duluth Buck Naked Armachillo" drawers---36 pair of black ones!!! She put the size in the quantity box.....got so tickled at herself when they came she wrapped 'em up anyway and we've enjoyed the chuckle. Plus, they are good quality.
Any of y'all wear this size & got a birthday coming up?? I'll have to put 'ya a gift in the mail!
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#186388 - 03/11/20 05:23 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Duke]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
AND VA Tech just announced "extended spring break & on-line classes through the end of current semester."
AND no fans at NCAA Basketball......but VT plays Miami here at home the next 3 days. I'm going to go watch baseball while I can.
O Boy Howdy O!!!
That's a GREAT Buffalo Springfield song/album Tom.

Edited by Duke (03/11/20 05:24 PM)
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#186389 - 03/11/20 06:03 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Duke]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Local Volleyball tournament was held without spectators allowed and floor cleaned with bleach during all pauses and breaks.
Governor of Colorado declared a "State of Emergency" yesterday, so that Colorado could get more than 160 Test Kits from the Fed's.
On March 16, 3 of the 4 Univ of Colorado Campuses go to online learning.
St. Patrick's Day parade in Denver is cancelled.
Multiple large conventions have been cancelled in Denver.
Today, all local stores, including COSTCO, are out of TP.
Curious where this might end.
I am thinking about cancelling my trip to the Tulsa Show. Even if the show is not cancelled, how many will be attending?
Molon Labe

#186392 - 03/11/20 07:37 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Duke, too funny. I just gave my daughter a case of Gatorade because I screwed up and ordered 3 instead of 1. Figured I could eventually use 2, for Lucille's hydration. I also ordered a bunch of TP, can't be too careful. Anyone remember when Johnny Carson started the TP rumor?

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#186394 - 03/11/20 11:04 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
rodbrown Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
David

Having lived in Hong Kong during SARS, these things are not fun. I would encourage you to miss Tulsa. You just don’t know what, or when, something will jump up and “bite you.”

We are about a day or two away from canceling 5 weeks in Portugal and Spain, mid April to 3rd week in May. Our lives are worth more than a few thousand dollars we may lose in cancellations.

Edited by rodbrown (03/11/20 11:06 PM)
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

#186398 - 03/12/20 10:25 AM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: rodbrown]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Next week is Spring Break for me.

I'm gonna "Self-Quarantine" on my place a half mile off the road in the woods.

For entertainment, I may sit on my porch, pet my dogs, and look out for trespassers.

And, try to fill up my freezer with crappie!

#186401 - 03/12/20 12:18 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: coachblalock]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
I am following Rod's advice and asked to roll my Tulsa tables to November. Hopefully, there will be some resolution to this by then.
Molon Labe

#186404 - 03/12/20 03:04 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
I'm still taking the time off and traveling north for the Tulsa show. If the show itself is canceled, I'll just hang out with my parents for the extended weekend.

In other news, work just sent out a "Everyone work from home until further notice, which will be reviewed on a weekly basis after March 20th."

There's still a >0% chance that my flight home tomorrow gets boned. That's why I put together a contingency plan to get home.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod