Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#172765 - 07/04/18 12:49 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Windsor]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
101.4800 to be precise, is the highest temperature ever recorded in the Netherlands. It was on the 23 of August of 1944.
Last June was the driest month since they started measuring in 1901. It won't rain here either at the moment which is far from normal. Were probably are going to break another weather drought record if this goes on. Farmers are having a very difficult time.

Edited by Sphinx3000 (07/04/18 12:50 PM)

#172772 - 07/04/18 04:37 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Hey Sphinx,

My youngest daughter spent her Sophmore year of college in the Netherlands.

She took her classes online from the University of Texas and worked as an au pair for a family in Rotterdam.

She really enjoyed her time there. She was able to travel all over Europe while she was there.

The family traveled to Texas for her graduation from college and to Louisiana for her graduation from Law School.

The constant cold, damp winter weather there was a lot different from the weather here in Texas.

Edited by coachblalock (07/04/18 04:38 PM)

#172773 - 07/04/18 05:14 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: coachblalock]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Great to hear that she had a good time coach!
Nice that the family came for her graduation.

We have pretty places here in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is the city that got the most bombs during the second World War, because it has a big sea harbor . A lot of the old city is gone. They are now building a lot of high modern buildings. It is unfortunately one of the most criminal city's in our country. Europe has real nice places to visit. I hope she also went to Germany, Italy and Switzerland.

I saw almost all of Europe even Bulgaria and the Ukraine before the war but I liked my 1 time holiday to Florida the most. Planning to visit a lot more in the future. If you like shooting and knives they look at you funny here in the Netherlands. There are a lot of liberals. I can shoot at the range and own guns here, but it is very difficult to get a licence. I believe the government rather saw that civilians don't own guns anymore... It isn't as bad here as England, thank God! I can an do own handguns, something that is not possible in the UK.

#172775 - 07/04/18 05:29 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Prostitution is legal here, so there is always work even for men, LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzj5tGknrQs

Pretty girls on every corner! Statistcs and studies show that 70 to 80 % of the man in our country, visited one ore more times one of these girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHkGMRQMejQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmeRsNkKBu0

But naturally everybody denies it, haha

Edited by Sphinx3000 (07/04/18 05:49 PM)

#172777 - 07/04/18 06:18 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
Great to hear that she had a good time coach!
Nice that the family came for her graduation.

We have pretty places here in the Netherlands. Rotterdam is the city that got the most bombs during the second World War, because it has a big sea harbor . A lot of the old city is gone. They are now building a lot of high modern buildings. It is unfortunately one of the most criminal city's in our country. Europe has real nice places to visit. I hope she also went to Germany, Italy and Switzerland.

I saw almost all of Europe even Bulgaria and the Ukraine before the war but I liked my 1 time holiday to Florida the most. Planning to visit a lot more in the future. If you like shooting and knives they look at you funny here in the Netherlands. There are a lot of liberals. I can shoot at the range and own guns here, but it is very difficult to get a licence. I believe the government rather saw that civilians don't own guns anymore... It isn't as bad here as England, thank God! I can an do own handguns, something that is not possible in the UK.

Exactly as she described Rotterdam.

While she was there, she visited: England, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Luxemburg, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Turkey, and against my wishes, Syria.

She is very different from the rest of us Rednecks in our family. She is very curious about the world and wants to see EVERYTHING first hand. She has been to Cuba and she went to Japan back in a February in attempt to go to North Korea. Thank goodness she was not able to get in.

She is 28 years old and has more money in the bank than I’ve made all my life. It is hard for me to tell her what she can and cannot do.

#172778 - 07/04/18 06:30 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
Prostitution is legal here, so there is always work even for men, LOL https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzj5tGknrQs

Pretty girls on every corner! Statistcs and studies show that 70 to 80 % of the man in our country, visited one ore more times one of these girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHkGMRQMejQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmeRsNkKBu0

But naturally everybody denies it, haha

She was 19 when she went to Rotterdam. We tried to talk her out of going. I even warned her that those people might sell her to a whorehouse. I told her that I did not have the kind of money to get her back if that happened. She said that she had checked them out real good. She then showed me her bank account that had over $60,000 in savings, grants, scholarships, etc.

As it turned out, she knew what she was talking about and getting into.

#172779 - 07/04/18 07:05 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: coachblalock]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

She sounds like a smart and strong women!
I hope for here and you, that she soon will have enough adventure and can settle down.

Visiting Syria and even parts of Turkey isn't save to say the least. If I had to choose I'd rather have her going to North Korea then Syria and a lot of parts of Turkey. It isn't save for women in those kinds of country's Men are dangerous for women traveling alone or with other women. Turkey has big parts of the country that are not safe. There leader wants to enforce more Islam and people vote for him. It caused riots in our country because Turks here voted also for this guy and he wanted to come here. Our government stopped him and since then he insulted us many times. He called us Nazi's and that we harvest organs from Turkish people an so on, the internet is full with this crap coming out of his filthy mouth. 70% of the Turks here voted for this guy... Turkey is going back to the dark ages.

That's a difficult spot to be in as a dad. having a daughter who wants that kind of adventure. I hope she soon finds a man who can get here to go to places like Disneyland instead of Syria laugh

#172780 - 07/04/18 07:16 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

19 years and 60000 is impressive! She doesn't sounds like a girl who can't handle herself. But I hope she skips the Islamic country's traveling alone without men. North Korea wouldn't be my first pick for a vacation either.

#172781 - 07/04/18 07:42 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The Turkish riots where mostly in Rotterdam, her is Fox new talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZbVfx3v68

The reporter says The Hague is our capital but it is Amsterdam.

Edited by Sphinx3000 (07/04/18 07:44 PM)

#172782 - 07/04/18 08:29 PM Re: It is Hotter than Hell in East Texas!!! [Re: Sphinx3000]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Believe me, she can take care of herself!

She can speak English, Spanish, Dutch, German, Italian, French, Turkish, and some Arabic.

I had 2 full Colonels from the US Army show up at my front door in full dress uniform trying to recruit her to go to West Point. She was NOT interested. She listened to all they had to say then politely thanked them for their interest and told them that she was flattered but declined their offers.

Edited by coachblalock (07/04/18 08:38 PM)

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod