dominionhobby.com Randall Knife Collectors Club
Page 17 of 84 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 83 84 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146499 - 08/03/16 11:24 AM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made * [Re: Behring Made]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Behring Made
...and the pot is still cooking!

I call B.S. !!!!

The POT boiled over, wayyyyyyyyy to much hotness coming from the general vicinity of Montana....

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#146501 - 08/03/16 11:29 AM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: RamKingJC]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Dammit Warren, I have a knife in the works with BMK. Would you mind????? grin

#146505 - 08/03/16 11:50 AM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: W Polidori]
str8shuutr45 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central NH
Originally Posted By: W Polidori
Originally Posted By: W Polidori
This just in from Behring Made, well sort of; they're out for leather. Another Blade show project using my artifact FWI handle material. When I got that artifact net weight it just screamed "fillet knife". Three more masterpieces from the Montana forge. Thanks guys, great job, Triple Awesome!

Well these 3 are complete and on the way. Grant just got back to me with some pics with Warlander leather. The filet knife is dressed in sharkskin. How cool is that? Great job guys and once again thanks for a great job!

Warren,
These blades and sheaths are awesome! Those guys in MT are masters of taking a concept and turning out a great knife and leather combo.
-Gerry
RKCC #635

#146507 - 08/03/16 11:54 AM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: str8shuutr45]
str8shuutr45 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central NH
Grant just sent me these photos -going off to Warlander Leather.
-Gerry

RKCC #635

#146514 - 08/03/16 01:26 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: str8shuutr45]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Great looking Bear Gerry. Another home run by BMK.

#146520 - 08/03/16 02:49 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: W Polidori]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New York
Great set Warren. The FWI handles have a wonderful "feel" to them and the three together are just killer.

I like them all, but the 'fat' handled knife looks wickedly fierce. Is that a drop point blade profile (it looks almost like a drop point bowie)? How long is the blade? Did you design it (and, if so, have you named it)?

Gerry, that's a gorgeous bowie knife. Congrats! The guys at BMK are just killing it. The hammermark finish sets off the rest of the blade perfectly.

Love the high degree of polish on the hilt (you can see the reflection of the hammered skulls in the bottom photo).

Are the hilt and butt cap brass, copper, something else? They look almost like brass in the top photo, but more copper-y in the other photos.
RKCC #622

#146521 - 08/03/16 03:24 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: str8shuutr45]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Great looking knife Gerry.
RKS #5715
SHAG #006

#146535 - 08/03/16 06:15 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: Oldvetnam1]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Bob,

Thanks for your reply and kind words. With respect to the large knife, yes James is calling it a "drop point camp knife" and about 8" long. Heck it even has a fire bowl! All three knives have handle material supplied by me that I acquired from an old friend prior to Blade and gave to James at the show.
I'm including some cropped images of the handle material and they are not great but were taken and processed from a cell phone but you get the idea of before and after.
The fillet just happened. The handle is an artifact fossil net weight that is quite thin and would require a knife with a small tang. BINGO, fillet just made sense but I didn't want to lose too much of that handle so I asked James to make a proportionately larger blade. In addition I wanted the humpbacks in the spine so James gave me EXACTLY what I asked for and I couldn't be happier.
And the pocket knife is one of James's designs one of many he offers in his pocket series. I chose the Alaskan shape as I'm partial to that blade.
Again, many thanks and wait till you see what's waiting for tomorrow's show. Wow!

Attachments
------20160520_230636 (2).jpg

------20160520_230636 (3).jpg

#146538 - 08/03/16 06:28 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: W Polidori]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The Alaskan style blade really lends itself to the pocket knife concept. I carry 1 as does Grant.... actually after seeing his in Lakeland I was sold on the blade shape right then.

I can't wait to see what you toss up tomorrow Warren, it most likely will not suck!

Edited by RamKingJC (08/03/16 06:28 PM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#146540 - 08/03/16 06:50 PM Re: New and on the way from Behring Made [Re: RamKingJC]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New York
Warren,

Thanks for the info and additional pics on the BMKs. The more I look at your trio, the more I see (and like). The pocket knife is beautifully designed and executed, and all 3 FWI handles are drop dead gorgeous. The fillet knife is just plain cool. I'm hoping you get to use it. It looks razor sharp.

I'm thinking my next build with them will be similar (blade-wise)to your drop point. I really like the blade profile and it looks like it would be a really solid heavy duty user.

I'm also thinking hard about a pocket knife as well. I carry a Dozier personal for my EDC (and I love it) but a BMK pocket knife in the Alaskan profile, with a custom handle, would take things to a new level.

Congrats again on a great group of knives. I always love seeing BMK knives. Creativity and execution perfectly married.

P.S. I think that the sheath for my Mission knife will look very similar to the caiman skin and black leather sheath created for your drop point camp knife. Grant suggested a similar design with aluminum fittings (to match the Mission hilt and butt cap), and I wholeheartedly endorsed the idea. This will be my first 'exotic' skin sheath, and I can't wait to see/get it. I also just picked up the bison horn and musk ox hunter from their website. I just loved that horn and finally pulled the trigger on the purchase (after dilly-dallying over it for a few days due to budget concerns). This will be my 3rd and 4th BMK in the collection and I could not be happier with all of them. Jim and Grant love what they do and it shows!
RKCC #622

Page 17 of 84 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 83 84 >

Moderator:  Behring Made