Miles Swelze Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178208 - 02/23/19 05:52 PM Re: Rick Ward? * [Re: Sphinx3000]
Doug74 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NE
Boy oh boy, this is a bad situation......no matter how you look at it.

I do feel very bad for those Randall customers who might be getting financially screwed over.....getting robbed of hard earned money is a very terrible thing and this will most likely put a very bad light, not only only the authorized dealer, but also on RMK and their brand—the shop should keep this in mind, and I’m sure they most likely do.

It is of my opinion that, as one of their authorized dealers, RMK should have some accountability here.....now to what extent, I don’t know (to be fair they can’t completely control everything their dealers do).....but simply posting that this person is no longer an authorized dealer (and leaving it all on the backs of their customers to track him down), just doesn’t seem to be enough and certainly doesn’t bring much comfort to those very important Randall customers.

Edited by Doug74 (02/23/19 06:19 PM)

#178209 - 02/23/19 06:18 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Doug74]
TGP Offline
Just dropped in

Loc: Lower Alabama
Some of you guys are stirring stink where it doesn't need to be stirred. Anyone who has been harmed (including RMK) has legal recourse. I'd bet that all who are taking action will remain silent in the public domain; they probably should anyhow.

#178211 - 02/23/19 06:41 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Doug74]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: Doug74
Boy oh boy, this is a bad situation......no matter how you look at it.

I do feel very bad for those Randall customers who might be getting financially screwed over.....getting robbed of hard earned money is a very terrible thing and this will most likely put a very bad light, not only only the authorized dealer, but also on RMK and their brand—the shop should keep this in mind, and I’m sure they most likely do.

It is of my opinion that, as one of their authorized dealers, RMK should have some accountability here.....now to what extent, I don’t know (to be fair they can’t completely control everything their dealers do).....but simply posting that this person is no longer an authorized dealer (and leaving it all on the backs of their customers to track him down), just doesn’t seem to be enough and certainly doesn’t bring much comfort to those very important Randall customers.

100% agreed!

#178212 - 02/23/19 07:01 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: TGP]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
A contract between Rick & RMK won't get anyone their money back.
If anyone wants to take Rick to court you will have to prove that he got your money & that you didn't receive a knife.
How ever much money is lost per individual I can almost Guarantee that the lawyer will cost more than the amount you want to get back.
I realize having your funds go missing makes most folks here angry...... I agree with your anger, but not where ya'll are directing it.
I had a deal go bad with Rick 8 or so years ago over some Narwhal material. I didn't call the shop and complain after the fact.
I didn't call before hand and ask them if they thought dealing with Rick was a good idea, I didn't get it in writing with Rick before I gave him a whole Narwhal tusk either! That's on me, it's business plane & simple.
When I do business "I" get it in writing if i'm worried or if the amount of money is of a concern to me.
I don't know of any company that has a registered dealer that they are responsible for.
It would be better time spent if all the folks who are out money got together & got one lawyer & went after Rick collectively to save on lawyer costs, plus a collective suit will get to court faster.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#178215 - 02/23/19 08:00 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Chief]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

"It would be better time spent if all the folks who are out money got together & got one lawyer & went after Rick collectively to save on lawyer costs, plus a collective suit will get to court faster."

I wish them good luck and hope they win. If he is acting unreliable for years now, I don't feel sorry for the guy at all anymore.

Gary Clinton ones sent two knives to me. I don't know exactly how it went, but he shipped them before I paid anything,
That is called trust and what kind of person are you if you betray that kind of trust.

If Rick Ward or his wife is very sick, can't pay hospital bills or whatever and asked for help, I bet there are people on this forum who would have gladly donated some money. I don't know the guy in person but I would have made a contribution. Let alone the people who know him for 30 years and speak highly of him, I assume. Instead he has choosen this route.
He also told me that he had to go to the doctor when I had him on the phone. Maybe it is true or perhaps he was manipulating me?
The guy could have an addiction and make all this stuff up as far as I know. Anyway, you do have a beautiful Narwhal handled Smithsonian now Chief laugh

Edited by Sphinx3000 (02/23/19 08:07 PM)

#178216 - 02/23/19 08:16 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Sphinx3000]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Nope I got a offer I couldn't pass up....so now I'm waiting on the other one to come in.
But that was the plan all along to only keep one.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#178217 - 02/23/19 08:18 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Dirty_Water]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dirty_Water
this certain relationship has soured in the past few years to the point that we could no longer recommend Rick with confidence...

Sounds like Rick's "authorized dealership" should have been revoked a few years ago, which would have avoided this mess with recent orders.
RKS #4233

#178218 - 02/23/19 08:32 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: TAH]
eLarry Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texan residing in Georgia
Exactly!

#178220 - 02/23/19 08:59 PM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: eLarry]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
this certain relationship has soured in the past few years to the point that we could no longer recommend Rick with confidence of a timely delivery and we haven't...

At least put the full quote...

And I'm damn sure NONE of us has ever been in a financial difficulty and ran behind in our bills...

I said we could no longer recommend Rick with confidence of a timely delivery and we haven't ...not that we felt like his dealership was ever in jeopardy...we took steps with Rick to help him avoid possible situations such as this, and we were mislead as you have been that "all is ok"..

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#178227 - 02/24/19 04:04 AM Re: Rick Ward? [Re: Dirty_Water]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I wonder how many people didn't get there knives?

"And I'm damn sure NONE of us has ever been in a financial difficulty and ran behind in our bills..."

That could be true, but that doesn't justify stealing money from other people. Rick is a criminal, whatever the reason is. He misleads even RMK, while you were trying to help him.

As long as he still has got his car, house, whatever he could have chosen to sell that before he choose to steal the money of other people.

If I was RMK, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with this situation. I would have made a statement where I would have asked people with outstanding orders, to contact Randall. That way you could get an idea how big the damage is. And after I did that, I would have started working something out with those people.

With the help of a lawyer, that I am sure a million Dollar company with 22 employees has standing by and used many times before. Probably also while the contract with the dealers were made. So there is one thing to do, sue this scammer to help your paying customers.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod