Clinton Knives James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 72 of 111 < 1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 110 111 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192485 - 02/20/21 10:43 AM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Duke]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
When the Keystone came through here, they were in and out in a big hurry. A month max. I never heard of anyone locally being able to work out there.

They had an armed security detail but nobody around here even knew what it was until after they were gone. One landowner that I know was told to “get his ass back” by one of the goons while he was out checking his cattle.

They came right through the aquifer that feeds Ozarka, a large bottled water company nearby.

After they were gone, we learned that it wasn’t oil that would be transported through the Keystone but instead Tar Sands. Tar Sands are some nasty stuff and have to be heated and flushed with thinner oil under high pressure to move in a pipeline. That is a recipe for a disaster.

Most of the refineries on the Texas coast that refined Tar Sands from Venezuela have shut down due to the unrest in that country. It was a very expensive and dangerous process to refine Tar Sands. That meant that Tar Sands coming via the Keystone would probably be exported, and most likely to China.

I am not a fan of the Keystone.

#192486 - 02/20/21 10:57 AM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Duke]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
It seems to me that Joebama is trying to drive this country into the ground. They complain that the unemployment rolls are going up, while they put thousands of people out of work. He is so damn crooked that they will have to screw him into the ground when he dies. He will sell us out to China, while he is lining his pockets, and his family as well. He is putting coal miners out of work, and saying they can get green jobs. These people didn't go to collage and then decide to go into the business of coal mining, most of these folks are school dropouts, who may not be able to get any other job.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#192487 - 02/20/21 11:20 AM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Sidney_Redford]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

We are enjoying a balmy 37 at 10:00 am.

First time above freezing in a week.

I’m gonna get out on my 4 wheeler and make the rounds when it gets above 40.

#192506 - 02/20/21 06:56 PM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Duke]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: Duke
Thank God that, for now...today, “the other Keystone”, the Mountain Valley Pipeline, has slowed down their destructive, lying, evil to the bone, politically lying backed b.s. construction of that pressurized, 40” gas pipeline crossing my VA mountains all the way to Chesapeake. I live less than 1 mile from where it’s construction over one of the thousands of mountains, hollows, straight up the side crosses the ridge just to go down the next. I’ve watched the mountain wash down into the South Fork of the Roanoke for the years they’ve worked, and for the months now that it’s slowed/stopped....all the time lying, lying, lying, at the state, federal, FERC level re: the construction, the VA jobs that would be created by it..... while living in the “ let ‘em burn” blast-plan zone for any future accidents that they lie about and say “never happen”. The two interactions I had on their construction site was with the out-of-state security guys when I stopped my car on the side of the road to take a couple pics. of the destroyed mountain side. Was
cursingly told to “leave and I couldn’t take no pictures.” To which I laughed, said I’d be gone from the public road side as soon as I took a couple more and suggested that they could always come and take my camera. And I’m a damn friendly guy who’d just said “howdy” to them.
Alright, I’m done now.

Several years ago, my stepfather was sent to SW Penn to help gear up the work on that pipeline (he's a safety inspector bookkeeper). He saw the ClusterF it was turning into and begged his way out of that job.

#192512 - 02/20/21 09:32 PM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Windsor]
RUTROW Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: TX
Warmer weather in TX finally -50s- but we did have some of our 'brighter' humans that thought they could walk on the frozen ponds and rivers, or play hockey, or ice skate. (roll eyes)

And others that thought they should put auto anti-freeze in their toilets to keep their sewer pipes from freezing. (roll eyes and head shake)....water dept had a strong message about that

#192513 - 02/20/21 09:45 PM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: RUTROW]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Ugh. We don't have "frost lines" down here, but if we did, the sewer lines are *way* below whatever they would establish.

I'm on septic with two sprinkler heads (beer and handshake for the rest of *that* story), they didn't freeze up even when we hit -4F one night.

#192517 - 02/21/21 09:34 AM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Windsor]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Woke up to yet some more aggw this morning. Not much a light dusting to about 2 inches in some locations.

More weather on the way with it being a total mix of snow,sleet,ice and rain then a warm up of sorts.

When this stuff melts,there will be some serious flooding issues at the lower sections of the major rivers.

So far,this winter season we have received about 80 inche,one year,some time back it was close to 200 inches.

Wayne

#192530 - 02/21/21 04:02 PM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

64 degrees at 3:00 pm. All snow is gone.

Typical Texas weather.

“If you don’t like it today, just wait til tomorrow.”

#192542 - 02/21/21 10:34 PM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: coachblalock]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

We hit 70.3F today right around 3p, per the neighbor's weather station.

#192555 - 02/22/21 09:36 AM Re: How's Your Weather? [Re: Windsor]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
For sure,there is no way I will be seeing those temperatures until another couple of months have passed.

Wayne

Page 72 of 111 < 1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 110 111 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod