Nifeboy.com dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 12 of 23 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177382 - 01/10/19 08:12 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Eric]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
No doubt about it. Dogs are very special. Just looking at the above posts brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Super great dogs.

We have very serious problems with coyotes in my area (they are big,60+ lbs),with six attacks by coyotes on owners and their dogs while being walked. Three dogs died and three seriously injured.

Then,one morning my friend let his dog out in the back yard and three coyotes pounced on the dog and killed it. A couple of days later,a deer crashed through his neighbors sliding porch door with two 'yotes hanging on.

What I am saying is,please be careful with your dogs outside. I myself,ALWAYS pack heat.

I don't want to see tragedy strike and have your dogs injured.

Wayne

#177383 - 01/10/19 10:28 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
We live on 100 acres of "bottomland" out in the country. We have what sounds like at night, a zillion coyotes all around us.

We have had a few cats come up missing but they usually run from our dogs even when there are several coyotes together. I can only speculate that they avoid our dogs due to their size.(100lbs.+)

Both coyotes that Ol' Rusty kilt were lactating females that had been sucked down til they were "poor as a chicken snake". They must have been some kind of hungry to come up on our porch.

There is not a "worser" way to insult a hound dog than to mess with his food. On both occasions, I was awoken by a roar that sounded like 2 bears fighting accompanied by patio furniture crashing.

I ran out on the porch with my gun but both times Ol' Rusty had them down on the ground and was crunching their neck bones.

Believe it or not, a big healthy boar coon will put up a better fight! They can get up on things and behind things better too.

One night a big boar coon got up on the wood stack on the porch...

#177385 - 01/10/19 05:31 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: coachblalock]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Sweet dog Eric! I love them all, small or big.
Funny how different our lives are. Some of you have to worry about animals strong enough to kill a do and the biggest predator we have is a fox. We had two wolfs passed the German border were I live nearby but that was big news and they were tracked by scientist. I believe they want to introduce a few wolves on purpose and this were two of them. Every day it was in the news by people who spotted them. The first of the two was run over by a car. Before that the last seen wolf in our country was seen in 1897.

#177395 - 01/11/19 08:31 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Sphinx3000]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
Are you sure that "Ol Rusty is not a grizzly bear in disguise??

Most domestic pets are no match for wild animals but I guess in Rusty's case that is not true.

Sphinx,
Our Gov't in all its wisdom,reintroduced wolves to the Yellowstone area.

Now,you probably know this but wolves cannot read (or at least they ignore no trespassing signs) and in pretty short order found that it was easier to go to the nearby farms/ranches and kill the live stock in the pens and pastures.

Ranchers complained to the BLM and were pretty much given the "hands off" order with treat of fines/jail.

So the ranchers use the three S method.
Shoot,shovel,shut up.

Wayne

#177396 - 01/11/19 08:41 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

We have the same kind of government, they just love to add dangerous animals or people to or country and yours. I am BIG Trump supporter and hope someday our country will also get leaders who are not stupidly naive. A little of topic but I was watching Trump yesterday, with the brother of the policeman who got shot. That killed officer is the kind of people we also like to add to our country here, but it seems like our government fancy's criminals more...

Edited by Sphinx3000 (01/11/19 08:44 AM)

#177397 - 01/11/19 10:07 AM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Sphinx3000]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Wayne,

If I knew how to load a video, I have a couple that you could view and you could be your own judge.

Coach

#177398 - 01/11/19 01:01 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: coachblalock]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,
Yep,that would be good to see 'Ol Rusty in action!!!

Sphinx,
Most,if not all Gov'ts are run by folks who are in their own little world.

Put them into real life and they basically would implode.

As an LEO,I have investigated numerous MV accidents and most of the time,it was the car's fault IE-my car hit a tree.

No,you drove your car into a tree.

Or.....the gun went off (we won't go there).

'Nuff said.

Wayne

#177402 - 01/11/19 05:56 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: coachblalock]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Originally Posted By: coachblalock
Wayne,

If I knew how to load a video, I have a couple that you could view and you could be your own judge.

Coach

Coach,

I think you'd just need to upload the video to a cloud based server then just post a link to the file.
Same as sending someone a video in an email or text. I use a Gmail account but any will work.

#177403 - 01/11/19 09:12 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Coach,
Yep,that would be good to see 'Ol Rusty in action!!!

Sphinx,
Most,if not all Gov'ts are run by folks who are in their own little world.

Put them into real life and they basically would implode.

As an LEO,I have investigated numerous MV accidents and most of the time,it was the car's fault IE-my car hit a tree.

No,you drove your car into a tree.

Or.....the gun went off (we won't go there).

'Nuff said.

Wayne

100% agreed!

#177407 - 01/11/19 10:25 PM Re: For Our Dog Loving Grammarians [Re: W Polidori]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Coach,

I think you'd just need to upload the video to a cloud based server then just post a link to the file.
Same as sending someone a video in an email or text. I use a Gmail account but any will work. [/quote]

That might work!

Page 12 of 23 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod