Miles Swelze Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 126 of 170 < 1 2 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 169 170 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#145996 - 07/28/16 02:33 PM Re: This Old Randall * [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Joe clarify one thing for me. Are you saying that none of these knives were ever used in WWII. Or are you saying that they were not designed for military use and that's it. I can see, rather easily, that these fish and bar knives could have been carried by not only sailors but soldiers as well. These knives were a pre war design. It is easy to see that a sailor could have carried one. None of us without proof know that. We cannot prove it or disprove it.
In regards to Hunt's book and his coverage of this knife it is od that he posted a UDT patch in the photo. Why did he do that?
RKS#2166

#146005 - 07/28/16 03:54 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Ronnie]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
What we have heerree...is...a...faaiilluurre, to communicate....

Ronnie, is no way, no how and frankly I can't see how U could have read ANY of Joe's comments and pulled this out of your hat...

He has stated over and over and over and over and over and...well U get the picture now I'm sure, that ALL he was questioning was how Bill came up with designating that this knife was a UDT knife, that's all...a simple "IMO" and this ENTIRE squawking back and forth could have been avoided...

IMO....

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#146006 - 07/28/16 04:02 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Dirty_Water]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Scott,

I took the description from a well respected Randall reference book. It is the only description with an accompanying photograph with decent quality to use as reference. I don't have any credible testimony from anybody who was alive and fighting for our country in 1940 to tell me any different. I don't have any friends or relatives that are in their early to mid 90's.

If somebody has another Fish and Bar knife in their possession that would like to share it with me (or us) I think that would be outstanding!
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#146008 - 07/28/16 04:14 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Mr Hayes in Columbia, SC is going to be mad at you guys if I don't get his order out by today...

Boy Bill, that answer also would have saved oodles of ink...

God Bless us all!!

Scott
RKS #014

#146019 - 07/28/16 05:00 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Dirty_Water]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Ha! I never thought that such a rare and beautiful knife would come under fire, but then again, it's not the first time, is it? lol

I really need to bring it in for you to see personally, and to compare with the four in the museum. Do you have any idea if the sheaths are still around for those museum knives? Most knives are displayed without their respective sheaths.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#146025 - 07/28/16 05:34 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Holy cow Scott! Calm down. Talk about misreading my comments! I'm not "squawking" about anything. I was simply asking a question of Joe. It ain't what you think. I'm not arguing any point here....understand?
I don't really want to get involved in this as I have known Joe looooonnnnggger than anybody else I've known in this club. Joe and I get along fine and yes he has sort of jumped on my butt a time or two, made corrections of my statements....and he was probably always right....I think. However I was like Jim I was a little offended by the way he did it but hey it all worked out in the wash and he and I still swap and trade Randall's. I also like tattoo Bill. I've never met Tattoo Bill but I have talked to him here on the forum and think he is a great guy. I recently helped him aquire a neat set of Randall's and I was glad to do it for him. I look forward to meeting him one day. Scott often times I guess I don't make myself clear. In the future instead of jumping my ass on the forum stand me a pm and ask me...."hey Ronnie what the heck did you mean!"
Now can ca ca can we we all get along here.
This is the day the Lord has made. Let's rejoice in it and be happy. (Paraphrasing)

Edited by Ronnie (07/28/16 05:38 PM)
RKS#2166

#146039 - 07/28/16 06:06 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Ronnie]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Chill Ronnie, no exclamation points in my post, and don't try for any sympathy because you and Joe go waaaaayyy back!!

Good idea about the PM...next time, my alologies Sir...

Scott
RKS #014

#146043 - 07/28/16 06:23 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Dirty_Water]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

You're just jealous cause you and I don't go waaaayyyyy back.
RKS#2166

#146049 - 07/28/16 06:40 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Ronnie]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
How about we "all" go way back. Way back to when this thread was about "This Old Randall". I have tried to get it back on track. Please: Everyone> Let's see some cool knives!
Best, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------#3-7-STG-FG-7 spacers-08, 2012 001.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#146050 - 07/28/16 06:52 PM Re: This Old Randall [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I just got this one yesterday, it "spoke" to me...

Page 126 of 170 < 1 2 ... 124 125 126 127 128 ... 169 170 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod