Randall Made Knife Randall Knife Collectors Club
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171464 - 05/29/18 09:51 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I know, but it sounds so good...
besides, back when that happened, the M was added to differentiate, and nearly predates the current boy's dad coming on board. As such, google fact checking is also going to be 2nd/3rd hand "facts", at best. Why start doing it at all, before it morphed into tradition, was to differentiate...my story, anyhow...and as to the why as well, or, am in the ballpark, anyhow...I like stories.

Edited by Lofty (05/30/18 12:41 PM)

#171465 - 05/29/18 09:54 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: Lofty]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Have absolutely no idea what you just said. But I guess you liked it.

#171466 - 05/29/18 10:08 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Let me be a bit a bit more clear on my previous post.
You almost always post messages in babble.I hate trying to figure out what the hell you are thinking when plain English would work. You might get more responses.
Some of your threads are interesting, be more clear.

#171468 - 05/29/18 10:15 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren, thank you so much for the compliments, I seem to have a friend forever, in you. This is why this board is the most posted place on the planet, thanks to warm, caring folk, such as you. And am sure you greet everyone face to face with such kindness, not leaving it only to a souless keyboard.

The change to 1095 and M stamp happened in 1962. Vic Hangas came on board in 1964. My musing was over WHY Rudy elected the M when your average owner would not care, it being the only game in town.

#171469 - 05/29/18 10:24 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: Lofty]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

You could have said all that in one sentence. Let's be more clear in our future posts. I hate trying to figure out what the hell you are thinking or trying say. I don't dislike you, just can't figure out what you are saying most of the time.

#171470 - 05/29/18 10:31 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren, to be clear, I do not CARE if you like me, and simply am curious as to why you bother reading them and then critiquing them if they disturb you so very much. I have now repeated the same information for you, and seems as if that should be enough, but still you must play language nazi. My advise is simply to avoid my posts, if so upsetting. This marks the 2nd or 3rd time you have gone after me, via keyboard.

Edited by Lofty (05/29/18 10:33 PM)

#171471 - 05/29/18 10:38 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: Lofty]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I don't even know how to respond to this. Language within should be censored IMO, Moderators discretion.

#171472 - 05/29/18 10:45 PM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Mods
Would advise locking before cliffhanger. Not my idea of a good day.

#171526 - 06/04/18 09:49 AM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: W Polidori]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
All the knives that I came across and had cast aluminum handles,
he were very slippery, and during work left on the hands
of black traces of aluminum. I wonder if Ruana knives
are as slippery as that?

I think a good option would be to the handle with anodizing,
like on tactical aluminum flashlights
or microtech knives with anodizing handle,
this improves grip on hands and eliminates traces.

#171528 - 06/04/18 10:21 AM Re: Ruana knife and hatchet question [Re: desert.snake]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The handles work quite well. No blisters with heavy work, stag gives traction/grip, guard and rounded/enlarged pommels keep the knife in the hand.

Rudy's designs were for serious hunters in the middle of nowhere, where failure was not an option. They were not things of beauty in his time, greatly improved aesthetics today, but in common, they plain work.

No idea as to black residue in your experience. The polished aluminum on the Ruana is squeaky clean, and only black will be from user hands.

Edited by Lofty (06/04/18 10:23 AM)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman