Randall Knife Collectors Club Stanback Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171505 - 06/02/18 07:38 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
GHD Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: North Pole, Alaska
Way to go Bill, Nice get ! People are very quick to judge, sometimes folks really don't know what they have, glad you showed them how it's done.

#171700 - 06/09/18 03:48 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: GHD]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: GHD
Way to go Bill, Nice get ! People are very quick to judge, sometimes folks really don't know what they have, glad you showed them how it's done.

And the other 9 out of ten times they screw you over laugh

#171703 - 06/09/18 06:18 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
GHD Offline
Knife Enthusiast

One should know what they are purchasing, not sure then don't bid or click the buy button cause then it's all on you.

#171704 - 06/09/18 06:57 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: GHD]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I don't agree, if you offer something on eBay and give a description with the brand and model number in it, you should know what you are offering. Or do you think selling fake Rolex watches and calling them real is also okay?
In this case we could see that this was not a Randall, and it turned out to be even a better offer, but that is a coincidence. Most of the time it is the other way around and the buyer is the one loosing money.

Imagine that a Randall just looks like a real one. You bought it from a seller and it turns out to be a fake one. According to your logic it is your own fault.

Would you also tell that to the seller? Something like: "I forgive you sir, I am the one to blame because I believed your description" That"s like giving a free pass to Con Artists.

This girl had no bad intentions but a lot of people have.

#171706 - 06/09/18 08:09 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
GHD Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The first problem is believing someone you don't know, it's up to me as the buyer to make sure of what it is I'm purchasing online, if I can't hold it in my hand, or purchase from someone I trust, like somebody on this forum for instance, then I am taking all the risk. Sometimes gambles pay off, and sometimes they don't, if I can't take the loss then I keep my money in my pocket. All this being said, I find that most folks are honest, but like in Vegas one has to be careful, Ebay is always a gamble.

#171707 - 06/09/18 08:44 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: GHD]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Agreed!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#171708 - 06/09/18 09:00 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: GHD]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I agree mostly with what you are saying. Indeed a lot of people are honest, or they simply don't have the chance to be dishonest laugh luckily there is the buyer feedback system on eBay.

But if somebody is selling you a fake item on purpose, then that person deserves to go to jail.To me it doesn't matter if you buy something on eBay or in real life. I lay all the blame on the scam artist and non of it on the victim. Its a shame that we live in a world, were there is taking advantage of people who are good of faith.

#171715 - 06/09/18 10:07 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
If you think you got a bad ebay deal, file a case. Always work's for the buyer no matter if the listing says no return accepted.
Also good to ask alot of questions or know what you're buying. Yes there are some, not many that mis-represent themselves but Randall folks are well known and are above board. I think more would sell on Ebay if not for the fees. I know it disturbs me but I've been there.

#171723 - 06/10/18 06:20 AM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: W Polidori]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Good advice! Let's hope nobody of us needs it.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Mr_Mod