James Behring Knives Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#171351 - 05/23/18 07:13 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Eric]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Originally Posted By: Eric
I have been on eBay since 2000, I have over 6000 feedback. I have had slow as Molasses shippers. I always thought they are old and live where a Post Office is a chore to get to. I have been ripped off only once on eBay. He lived/lives in Oliver Springs, TN. Newer eBay people do not know to input the tracking on eBay.

I shipped a package to Tatto Bill Priority Mail and he received it 19 days later. Bill has the patience of a Saint, but that's not supposed to be known.

Ummmm.....TWO different packages..... But who's counting! lol
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#171352 - 05/23/18 07:15 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Eric]
william768 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have been ripped off a few times on Ebay . The most recent and notable was last year with purchase of a Saint Gaudens $20 gold coin . I paid a little under melt for a coin that was AU/BU condition . I think i paid $1300 or so .Seller had over 217 in feedback and they were recent and a few for selling .Mostly $2 - $10 items ( red flag ) .

He had good communication and MANY , MANY excuses at first. Same shenanigans with posting invalid tracking # . He wanted me to post good feedback before i received item . He said paypal would not free his $ unless there was some sort of proof of buyers receiving merchandise ( $20 gold coins ) , like receiving positive feedback .

I said NO WAY ! Told me he was really tight for cash and needed to make a mortgage payment , blah, blah blah . He advised me he would ship an insignificant item ( an old toy ) to see if that would be enough for paypal to free the funds. That my coin would be shipped in a couple of days because he was out of town and could not get to safe deposit box. Blah, blah blah.Luckily paypal never released the money for all the gold coins he sold and never shipped.

To make an even longer story short .... i never received the coin neither did about 7 other ebayers ( that i am aware of ) that also fell for buying similar gold coin under melt value from that seller.

Paypal eventually reimbursed me my $ but it took a month or so .

There is WAY, WAY more fraud on eBay with coins and bullion then there is with collectible knives from what i have seen and experienced .

#171353 - 05/23/18 07:17 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: william768]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: william768
Update ................

Now i have tracking # the seller posted on eBay . No message communication from seller yet .

It has package as shipped TODAY . The seller was initially supposed to have shipped on Saturday , then seller "reassured me" it got shipped on Monday . When i told seller the tracking # had nothing showing up she posted different numbers . But no confirmation of USPS physical receipt of package when i tracked the new numbers .

If it wasn't because of her very small feedback ( and invalid tracking #'s , and barely any communication last day and a half ) i would not be as suspicious . But i have gotten ripped off in the past on Ebay so spidy sense are on alert especially with very low feedback and new sellers .

Will keep you guys posted .

I have a feeling that she used the eBay shipping option, but could not print the decal. That has happened to me on occasion. I have both of our tracking numbers, and mine is different from the one listed on eBay. They both went out on Monday. I have had numerous conversations with her on her knives, and let her know that you were concerned as well. And I told her that her stiletto was not a Randall, that's why she edited it. These knives were her Grandfathers.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#171354 - 05/23/18 08:31 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Tattoo Bill]
william768 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

[/quote]

I have a feeling that she used the eBay shipping option, but could not print the decal. That has happened to me on occasion. I have both of our tracking numbers, and mine is different from the one listed on eBay. They both went out on Monday. I have had numerous conversations with her on her knives, and let her know that you were concerned as well. And I told her that her stiletto was not a Randall, that's why she edited it. These knives were her Grandfathers. [/quote]

Than you Tbill , appreciate it .

#171359 - 05/24/18 12:18 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: william768]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
It could work out!

There is new positive feedback from a buyer of a Randall from this seller. The buyer has 676 past transactions.

#171363 - 05/24/18 03:07 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
desert.snake Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: the other side of the earth
Wow!

#171459 - 05/29/18 01:30 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: desert.snake]
william768 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Update ....... Just got the knife . All is fine .

Thanks to Tbill for giving me the correct tracking # .

#171461 - 05/29/18 02:48 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: william768]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Great news!

#171503 - 06/02/18 06:18 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Sphinx3000]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

While you experts were belittling the poor woman who was trying to sell her deceased Grandfathers knives because of her lack of knowledge, I purchased this 1969 hand forged Pre-Alaska Gil Hibbin Custom. This is worth twice as much as a similar year and model Randall.

ta2bill@yahoo.com

#171504 - 06/02/18 06:53 PM Re: This eBay listing does not look like a Randall. [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Haha, LOL

Indeed poor women... Its just that you have so much people on eBay, that screw you over when they have the chance. Congrats with your new blade!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod