Clinton Knives dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#170799 - 05/02/18 10:52 AM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: Byrdguy]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
And what would you have us do everytime there's a piece of stag that doesn't exactly (w/o the customer sending his own CW in) tickle your fancy? Whether it doesn't "feel right to my hand", OR is "too knobby", OR "too smooth", OR "too large", OR "too smooth"?

Puuhhhlleeaassee

With an India Sambar stag embargo nigh on 20 YEARS, we cannot afford to be as choosey as we would like to be. If it hadn't been for GTR's business sense in 2008 when they temporarily lifted the embargo (and haven't since) and Gary over-ordering, RMK wouldn't even be able to supply stag anymore! We were actually in talks to develope a stag look a like substitute!

And as far as this particular knife; yes, the stag was a bit over-sized, that is why we shaped it to the commando shape stag to relieve a bit of the bulkiness, which by the way is not even an option anymore! And to top it off, we've already been contacted about purchasing this knife if we choose to re-make another, so it seems that beauty actually is in the eye of the beholder afterall!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#170800 - 05/02/18 11:21 AM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: Dirty_Water]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

We live in a "cry until you get what you want society " now... this apparently also includes hand made knives. Just kinda where we are.

It is in fact good to know that the shop proactively took steps to "help" the look of the knife out, for those who want to point fingers at the shop for putting such a knife out there. They filled a customers order, and then some.

It's been a known fact that ordering stag is a gamble, unless you provide your own. This is nothing new with Randall. It adds to the character and the process. Because. ..you know...they are hand made knives!Each having its own uniqueness. Which is proven by the fact that people already want the knife anyways.

Edited by RamKingJC (05/02/18 11:43 AM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#170802 - 05/02/18 11:38 AM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: RamKingJC]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I would have no trouble selling the knife in question..."BUT"...(It's been a week or so since I've used one)...this thread (and, therefore this discussion) would not even had taken place if the customer had simply contacted the shop, prior to bitching about it here!
Nuff' said, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#170809 - 05/02/18 02:05 PM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
prior to bitching about it here!
Nuff' said, Capt. Chris

This ain't the only place it got bitched about at !!

#170853 - 05/03/18 07:46 PM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: tomthbomb]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Believe it or not, there is some guy out there that would want that knife just the way it is. Maybe not here on the forum but someone wants that knife because it is different.

Um, not me. I am not "that guy". smile
RKS #4868

#170871 - 05/04/18 08:22 AM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: tomthbomb]
Byrdguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: FL Panhandle
Um, me either, Tom.
RKS#4413
SHAG# 8
RKCC# CM096
NRA Member

#172937 - 07/10/18 07:53 PM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: Byrdguy]
AR-Trvlr Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Kudos to the shop - I returned the 'fat' #2, and they made me another one. I'm much happier with these proportions.

#172938 - 07/10/18 09:43 PM Re: Stinkers / Unattractive Ordered Knives? [Re: AR-Trvlr]
Sphinx3000 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Netherlands
Great service!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Mr_Mod