Stanback Knives Randall Knife Collectors Club
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#16997 - 03/25/07 09:17 PM Gettin in shape for ATL
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Well..I have had enough with the weight gain and decided to take Tony's advice and loose some extra fat. I was almost 230 when I started and am down 15 lbs. Need to loose another 15 by the Blade. I will have to be in shape for all the room tradin and hunting down Bose knives. The Kayak is one of the best things for getting in shape with my bad knees and feet and its a load of fun. I put almost 20 miles on it in the last two days and used my little Bose gents to cut about a mile of tangled up monofilament from the banks. Seen a few river otters today and about a 1000 geese and ducks. See ya all in ATL..

Randy

Edited by Whiteman (03/25/07 09:17 PM)

#16998 - 03/26/07 03:17 AM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: Whiteman]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Looking good man..keep up with it

#16999 - 03/26/07 07:50 AM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: John_Nugent]
John_Hanlon Offline
Knife Enthusiast

You got a good start keep it up.

#17000 - 03/26/07 08:14 AM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: Whiteman]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Loc: Terre Haute, IN
Good for you losin the extra LB's. Kayak's are fun but us old guys have to chose our watercraft carefully. If you can't stand up in it to pee, now that's a problem.

Countin down the days till Blade Show.

Edited by kdhampton (03/26/07 08:25 AM)

#17001 - 03/26/07 11:51 AM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: kdhampton]
RAN Offline
Knife Enthusiast

keep at it Randy
looks like a realaxing way to stay fit
I've taken another approach for my first Blade Show
after a several year hiatus I'm back at Ice Hockey ..I figure I'll need to know how to throw some elbows in the Pit!

#17002 - 03/26/07 11:58 AM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: RAN]
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

keep at it Randy
looks like a relaxing way to stay fit
I've taken another approach for my first Blade Show
after a several year hiatus I'm back at Ice Hockey ..I figure I'll need to know how to throw some elbows in the Pit!

Oh..Man..Just how big an ol boy ar ya?? Not sure if I am up to fighting again?? But for a chance at a Bose knife?? You might just bring out the crazy redneck in me .. Make sure you look me up at the Blade..lets go have a beer.

R

#17003 - 03/26/07 02:01 PM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: Whiteman]
RAN Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Oh..Man..Just how big an ol boy ar ya?? Not sure if I am up to fighting again?? But for a chance at a Bose knife?? You might just bring out the crazy redneck in me .. Make sure you look me up at the Blade..lets go have a beer.

R

Randy my rough and tumble days are long behind me now, I'd much rather tip a few Beers than get in a dust up. But I can see how the passions run hot when there is a table full of perfection in steel right there assembled in all their glory one more beautiful than the next..I Can't Wait!!
see you at Blade!

#17004 - 03/26/07 02:33 PM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: RAN]
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Quote:

R

Randy my rough and tumble days are long behind me now, I'd much rather tip a few Beers than get in a dust up. But I can see how the passions run hot when there is a table full of perfection in steel right there assembled in all their glory one more beautiful than the next..I Can't Wait!!
see you at Blade!

OK..Beer it is!! I have spent some time in the Buckhead section of ATL..but that will get you in a lot of trouble!! We will have to try and drag Reese with us.

R

#17005 - 03/26/07 11:02 PM Re: Gettin in shape for ATL [Re: Whiteman]
fasteddie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Can't wait to meet you guys in person in Atlanta. Better get a bigger table at Jocks and Jills. Oh, and good luck getting either Bose out of the hotel. I've yet to see it.

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton