Randall Knife Collectors Club dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#166990 - 12/10/17 12:06 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: W Polidori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Yes,I can get ten round magazines for the Model 19 but why have such a large gun with just ten rounds when a Model 26 would be fine and be smaller.

Wayne

#166999 - 12/10/17 05:47 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Wayne,

So the question of "how many 10 round mags are you allowed to carry" was posed to me by the lead training officer during my CCW range time.
"As many as you want" Law doesn't make any sense.

#167020 - 12/11/17 09:01 AM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: W Polidori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren,
Many of these laws are thought up on emotion which never is a good thing.

In my state,a Ruger Mini-14 with the standard stock is OK,but put a folding stock on it and it is banned,a big no-no.

Getting back to the Glock subject,they were first introduced and folks thought that they were designed to be smuggled onto airlines.

Actually there is more steel in them than many standard handguns and Gaston Glock had put some metal in the polymer just be sure that they would not be "invisible" to metal detectors.

Wayne

#167028 - 12/11/17 12:31 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Missoula, MT, USA
I got a sinfully good deal on a S&W .38 airweight for the girlfriend-of-the-time and thankfully she didn't care much for it and left it behind. A few days at the range with it and I quickly came to not care for it either. I don't carry on a daily basis- no need to in Montana as everyone else is- so I am much more interested in full size hand guns. Having two revolvers I wanted to switch it up and posted the S&W on armlist as open to trade, make an offer. A fella came at me with a Glock 22, a police trade in that had been refurbed by Glock. I'll get some photos later (crazy busy with the orders right now, surprised I'm even posting!!) but it's beautifully broken in and is going to run like Gump. I spent last weekend at the range and it was love at first mag.

My dad and brother both have carried 17's for years, so it felt right to join in the fun, but with just a little more thump than they have wink.

#167034 - 12/11/17 07:02 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Warren,
Many of these laws are thought up on emotion which never is a good thing.

In my state,a Ruger Mini-14 with the standard stock is OK,but put a folding stock on it and it is banned,a big no-no.

Getting back to the Glock subject,they were first introduced and folks thought that they were designed to be smuggled onto airlines.

Actually there is more steel in them than many standard handguns and Gaston Glock had put some metal in the polymer just be sure that they would not be "invisible" to metal detectors.

Wayne

Wayne,

To your point; I did not remember the Undetectable Firearms Act.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undetectable_Firearms_Act

#167041 - 12/12/17 09:18 AM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: W Polidori]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

BehringMade,
That Glock 22,being that it had been refurbished by Glock is basically a new pistol.
Over the years that the Glocks have been in service,there have been very few break downs and of the those,the repairs were complete and the pistol was basically good to go for many more rounds and years of service.

Would like to hear how your "new" Glock does on the range.

Wayne

#167044 - 12/12/17 10:02 AM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: Wayne Dengler]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I am not sure when Grant will be able to answer but I know....from what he told me, he now has a much greater appreciation of the combat Tupperware and how well it operates!

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#167048 - 12/12/17 11:29 AM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: RamKingJC]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Missoula, MT, USA
Good morning Wayne,

I did make it out now two weekends ago with more ammo than I'd taken to the range before and a friend of mine who is a far more knowledgeable shooter- particularly when it comes to rapid fire, engaging multiple targets, mag changes, etc.... some call it "tactical?". I'm not up to speed here yet. Learning....

Having owned only revolvers for some time now (had a brief stint with a budget 1911, as well as an LC9- sold both) and simply having the capability for that kind of shooting made for one of the funnest days I've had at the range. That being said, the gun [and I] performed better than I could have asked for on inauguration. Standing on the line, taking my time I hit a few bullseyes with the first mag at 15 yards. Of course my performance dwindled when I started running around, but I very much look forward to further practicing this kind of shooting.

I'm sold and very much interested to learn about the other Glocks. Been interested in the 10mm cartridge for some time now, but also love the overall balance of the 19. Dammit. I love guns.

Edited by Behring Made (12/12/17 11:37 AM)

#167049 - 12/12/17 12:20 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: Behring Made]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
In bear country, the Glock 20 10mm and a Diamond D rig with the extra clip holder, is a very comfortable setup. You're hooked now.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#167074 - 12/13/17 02:48 PM Re: Are you a Glock guy? [Re: pappy19]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Pappy,
It is a magazine,not a clip!!!

The Diamond D rig is the way to go.

In the Military,call the magazine a clip and you will be doing push ups for some time.

Wayne

Page 4 of 16 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 16 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod