Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161933 - 06/30/17 12:02 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: W Polidori]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Photobucket users over on Blade Forums aren't happy either. There is no way that I, and most others, will take the time to reload all of the lost photos in hundreds of threads.
RKS #4233

#161935 - 06/30/17 12:19 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: TAH]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I had that problem with a hosting site. I took an option to have all of my uploaded pictures burned to a CD. Not sure that is an option, but if it is, you could at least have a copy of everything. I think it was around $30 for the service.

I am now able to host all of my photos on my website service Squarespace). It's unlimited storage as well as the hosting services for my site for only $200. Not sure how Photobucket will remain viable with that pricing plan......

#161936 - 06/30/17 01:42 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: tunefink]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Most of my photos are still on memory cards, so they are not lost. However, it would take significant time to download them into imgur and repost them in all of the threads here and on Blade Forums. I'd rather spend that time using my knives outdoors on more silly adventures. smile
RKS #4233

#161950 - 06/30/17 06:31 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: TAH]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Lot of pictures are going to disappear from internet sites.
Those that are willing to change hosts just don't have the time to replace the images they have stored.
It would be ironic if photobucket is the victim of the Russian Hackers and this is a different form of ransomware.
Molon Labe

#161955 - 06/30/17 07:46 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Boomer51 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee
So long PB. They'll probably get some to pay it and when they start tanking they'll drop the price. It was too frustrating with the over bombardment of ads anyway. I save all my photos on cards so I'll survive.
If there's a bright side(as far as this forum goes) this might give some an opportunity to post new photos if they want to -could breathe some life into some old threads..

#161956 - 06/30/17 08:32 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Boomer51]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
I never used them as a storage site so I have everything. Once I figured out how to post once again with a good file size app I post all from my computer. If stuff disappears so be it. Most have already passed on so I'm not concerned. Happy death PB.

#161959 - 06/30/17 10:03 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: W Polidori]
Boomer51 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee
Just looked back thru some of the threads on here it looks like the PB photos are already gone - they didn't waste any time. Probably a lot of old reference photos gone for good now.

#161971 - 07/01/17 03:48 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Boomer51]
mic214 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado
Based on what was happening on other forums, I downloaded all of my photos off of PB last night (Close to 5000 pics!).

This morning I saw that all of my photos on this and other forums were no longer there. I checked my SPAM folder on my email and saw that I got an email from PB on Thursday notifying me that they were disabling certain features on my account, mainly the ability to link my photos to forums.

When you download your folders from PB, they are put into zipped files. I just finished making new folders on my computer and extracting the photos from each zipped file into their respective folders.

I haven't posted many photos on this forum, so I could easily re-link those posts with the photos from my new photo hosting site (Postimage.com), but it does not look like I can edit my posts to change the image link.....

At least I was able to get my Avatar back..... grin

Edited by mic214 (07/01/17 05:21 PM)

#161974 - 07/01/17 06:59 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: mic214]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Originally Posted By: mic214
Based on what was happening on other forums, I downloaded all of my photos off of PB last night (Close to 5000 pics!).

This morning I saw that all of my photos on this and other forums were no longer there. I checked my SPAM folder on my email and saw that I got an email from PB on Thursday notifying me that they were disabling certain features on my account, mainly the ability to link my photos to forums.

When you download your folders from PB, they are put into zipped files. I just finished making new folders on my computer and extracting the photos from each zipped file into their respective folders.

I haven't posted many photos on this forum, so I could easily re-link those posts with the photos from my new photo hosting site (Postimage.com), but it does not look like I can edit my posts to change the image link.....

How did you download them, I couldn't figure it out.

NRA Life Member

#161976 - 07/01/17 07:45 PM Re: Photobucket [Re: Robert Frey]
mic214 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: Robert Frey
Originally Posted By: mic214

How did you download them, I couldn't figure it out.

When you select an album on PB there will be a list of options on the right hand side listed under "Actions". One of those options is to "Download album". Select that and you will get a pop up screen to click on to select sections of pictures prove you are not a robot. After that it will allow you to download the album.

Depending on how large the album is, the download may take a while. I had them send me an email when the download was ready. It will send you a link to your album that allows you to download it to your computer. The file will be zipped and renamed with a random set of letters, so when you unzip the photos, you will have to "Extract" them into a new folder on your computer with the appropriate title.

For some reason, videos and GIF's are not included in the download, so you will have to save those to your computer individually.

Edited by mic214 (07/01/17 07:50 PM)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod