Randall Knife Collectors Club
Page 15 of 28 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#161556 - 06/19/17 03:20 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: W Polidori]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Missoula, MT, USA
Such a beautiful set up James! Proud to have played any part at all in the process. Mudbone is full of gratitude from this last show from all of the new and re-connections. It means the world to him, and much the same to the BMK crew too.

In related news, we sold Mudbone's knives so damn fast this year that he's working what seems to be twice as fast as before. He's finally figured out that he just has to "send them to Grant and they will sell". With that being said we're going to become legitimate dealers for old Mr. Mud and he was telling me this morning that there is a whole other slew of his trap spring knives that are under way. One is a full ulu style that he's raving about, and the other sounds like it's going to be a full size 4 or 5" Hunter among some other who-knows-and-what-nots.

Keep your eyes peeled here, and on our website as things develop!

#161562 - 06/19/17 08:34 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: Behring Made]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Great get! Really a awesome set up.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#161566 - 06/19/17 09:04 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: Chief]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thank you Chief!

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#161567 - 06/19/17 09:22 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: RamKingJC]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Maybe we'll get an update to the Mudbone knife and sheath with the smoking wheelie.
He told me it sold but was unfinished as of Blade. Customer had choice of butt end finish.

Attachments
------IMG_8763.jpg

Edited by W Polidori (06/19/17 09:25 PM)

#161575 - 06/20/17 07:09 AM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: RamKingJC]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
James,

Cannot believe that Warren didn't know about that one; great get. Love the sheath. Mud said he was into Celtic symbols, that dragon is really cool.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#161578 - 06/20/17 07:48 AM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: GCTom41]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thank you very much Tom. I knew if I didn't grab it Mike Mason or WP would have for sure!

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#161596 - 06/20/17 01:12 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: RamKingJC]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren that one is the "Huckleberry" and it's headed as of this morning to Julie and crew over at Arizona Custom Knives. They went with the peened copper arrowhead with Mud's stamp. Awesome, and up for grabs! I'd keep your eyes peeled here for that one:
http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/product-filter.aspx?MakersFilter=3708

TUNER- I'm seeing a Mammoth mini listed there that must be from last year and it's right up your alley.

Last night, Mudbone gave me a call after a few rounds of Jose Cuervo and he'd managed to get Teresa to email over some preview shots of what he's working on. Yesterday, a S&W Airweight j-frame in .38+p made it's way into my own collection and it led Mudbone to talking about a j-frame in his, but I'll let him explain.

from his email
"This is Gary Wheeler's Uncle Joe's personal j-frame revolver. Uncle Joe was captain of the fishing vessel Seabear. Uncle Joe was a commercial fisherman, brown bear guide and wilderness trapper in Alaska. Obviously Uncle Joe was one hell of a man. These knives are integrally made of file steel. These knives are my dedication to Uncle Joe. Hope those that end up with them will be very proud. The revolver is mine, the knives will be for whoever wants them, story told - enough said.
Mud"

For those of you that don't know, Gary Wheeler is a very close friend of Mudbone's and another seriously badass knifemaker. [To my knowledge] he shares shop space with fellow 5th group member Kim Breed, and together they're some of Mudbone's closest and revered friends... In our exchanges of stories of our hunts, and dreams of hunts with Mudbone he's mentioned Uncle Joe on more than a few occasions, and it's clear that the man inspired Mudbone to the core.

Alotta soul on the way!

#161599 - 06/20/17 01:35 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: Behring Made]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
I spoke with Mudbone at Blade about doing a knife and sheath for me and sent him an email a few days ago. Haven't heard from him yet but it looks like he's been pretty busy lately.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#161600 - 06/20/17 01:47 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: JE6245]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hey Jim-

It might be on his business card, but email and Mudbone are like fire and ice 9 times outta 10.

I would give him a call at 740-835-8243, or I can call him for you and see what I can't stir up.

#161601 - 06/20/17 01:52 PM Re: Funk Masta Mudbone! [Re: Behring Made]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
It looks like someone beat me to it Grant!

Mudbone called yesterday to check on me and of course it went on for a while. Jim, email will not work. Call him. He loves the company!!

Page 15 of 28 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Behring Made