Miles Swelze Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#153361 - 11/17/16 07:43 AM WWII Everitt Fighting Knife
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
The Everitt Knife has been documented to WWII, there is no doubt they were around during the war. However, no one is sure who made them. I have owned maybe 20 of these knives over the years. They came in 2 colors, black and green (my green example was used and is missing the original blade finish found on the minty black example) with a riveted sheath. 1 opinion is that they were made in the USA, another is that they were made in the south pacific, mainly Australia. The double edged 7" blade with fuller and Aluminum handle make this a very light fighter. If anyone knows about the maker of these, please let me know.

Attachments
------DSC00045.JPG

------DSC00049.JPG

------DSC00048.JPG

#159049 - 04/08/17 06:51 PM Re: WWII Everitt Fighting Knife [Re: Eric]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Ha! You are just trying to rip me off of the $100 reward that Frank Trzaska posted several years back for that same info! The first one I ever saw was carried by a guy in a unit of mine long time back, and it was, I think, green and in an M7 scabbard, or maybe an old M3 Keyes fiber, never looked all that close, but recalled the strange spelling of what we might spell Everett, which is why I would guess NZ.

The more time that goes by, the less chance of ever knowing. I think ads need to be taken out in papers on West Coast and in NZ, as surely, somebody, somewhere, knows the maker, related, lived in same town, something. The maker would have been exempt from a draft and notable for that, if nothing else.

Edited by Lofty (04/08/17 06:57 PM)

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman