dominionhobby.com Randall Made Knife
Page 39 of 65 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 64 65 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#151648 - 10/18/16 11:59 AM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? ***** [Re: pappy19]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Well....Whatever we're gonna' do, we need to do it! We're burnin' daylight!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: It's a warm and fuzzy feeling, being able to burn this fire under someone "else's" feet!...CCS
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#151649 - 10/18/16 12:04 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
BMK 1 and the Skull Mudbone sheath! It is the first BMK Build

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#151650 - 10/18/16 12:06 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: pappy19]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Bob my take on why it isn't done on the Randall builds is because it eats a option.
With only 5 options available depending on the knife it gets hard to lose a option for lettering.
that won't be the case here.

I vote that it be left to the winner.
Just make sure that you tell Grant what ya want. James doesn't write stuff down, & if he does he loses it LOL!
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#151652 - 10/18/16 12:12 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
Well....Whatever we're gonna' do, we need to do it! We're burnin' daylight!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: It's a warm and fuzzy feeling, being able to burn this fire under someone "else's" feet!...CCS

James is probably saying what you say, "It will have to wait I'm going hunting"!.........At least you & Grant make a kill when you go! grin
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#151653 - 10/18/16 12:13 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: pappy19]
Behring Made Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Missoula, MT, USA
Gents, to provide a bit of clarity here I am not talking about having a special logo stamp made. These cost around $250 and might be a little excessive for a limited run. We've got alphabet and number stamps available, and they're punched by hand when we forge.

With that being said, if there's one thing my youth has taught me it's that I should have listened to the guy who knew what he was talking about. In this case, this isn't Captain's first rodeo. Some of you may want to order slight variations from the final decided model, and this will make the stamps confusing almost certainly as the handles could vary. I like the idea of a C of A because it allows for more than 5-6 characters, but up to a full page of explanation as necessary- and we don't charge anything for C of A's either.

It is yours and we'll make it the way you want it, but simplicity is blissful.

#151654 - 10/18/16 12:14 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: Behring Made]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

^^^^AGREED ^^^^

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#151657 - 10/18/16 12:28 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: RamKingJC]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I think Chief's idea, while it probably makes sense to him, doesn't to me. If we offered a stamping option, to the preference of the winner..."How's ya' gonna' do dat"? (Trying to put it Cajun logo for the Louisiana boy) Meaning: How are you going to do that "after" you forge. The only way to row, using Chief's logic (A contradiction in terms) is to wait until a winner if decided to forge the fool thing.
Compromise, while dreaded in many cases, may win the day. With a COA the knife can be completed "NOW" and the winner's option carried out..."LATER"!
Just sayin', Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#151661 - 10/18/16 12:35 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

And Grant has said the sheath could carry "special" designation as well... if desired.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#151663 - 10/18/16 12:40 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: RamKingJC]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
Yep, I like the idea of no stamp on the knife but a stamp on the sheath.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#151664 - 10/18/16 12:44 PM Re: How bout a first ever BMK knife build? [Re: RamKingJC]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
B. No.

Since these are "design by committee", including this stamp, the whole "sequence the builds" thought goes out the window when "the committee" (a.k.a. the forum) decides to not do the stamp in a future build.

So for that reason, I vote "B. Don't bother."

If BM threw down and said "from now on, forum-design knives will be stamped as such" then I'd agree that it would be a good idea. Otherwise, it's a neat thought that'll wear off soon.

Page 39 of 65 < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 64 65 >

Moderator:  Behring Made