Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131168 - 09/10/15 08:31 PM Re: Randall 25 Ivory w/ Unsigned Scrim: Rick Bowles? *** [Re: BladesNBarrels]
Raindog Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Coldwater, AL, These United St...
You remember correctly.

Death tugs at my ear and says: "Live, I am coming."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

#131169 - 09/10/15 08:56 PM Re: Randall 25 Ivory w/ Unsigned Scrim: Rick Bowles? [Re: tunefink]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: tunefink
Looks like you may be right Wally.

LOL my first Old Randall lol
I had a Bowles knife that Jim gates has now that was not signed, Jim asked Rick to number it.
Point being there are unsigned Bowles scrims out there, I would ask Rick to authenticate it LOL maybe not You Miles!!! grin
I would call that a Bowles scrim and a earlier one before He took off. He quit doing such a big area later on.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#131176 - 09/10/15 10:00 PM Re: Randall 25 Ivory w/ Unsigned Scrim: Rick Bowles? [Re: Ronnie]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Ronnie
Not to change the subject but Mr. Tom sold me knives back in the old days by sending me the knife....if I wanted it send him the money. If not send the knife back. I'm sure he did others that way but man I just can't see doing business that way. He was a wealth of knowledge and just a right out good fellow. This summer was my first trip to the Blade since he passed and I sure missed seeing him.

When I first started out to buy my first knife, I was recommended to deal with Tom Clinton by the shop.

I called him up and we had a nice chat about old cars, Randall Knives, Tom's trips to S.E Asia to collect rare military "unit" patches and his trips to Africa to hunt and collect sheath material for his custom knives.

I think the first time he sent me 6 or 7 knives to inspect and decide which ones I wanted to purchase. I think I bought 2 out of the original 7, (then he had me "hooked' good), and I say that it a nice way. He was a very interesting man to talk to on lots of different subjects. And he had a variety of different manufacturer's knives too. He was big om Jimmy Lile's knives too.

So he was a very trusting man. May he rest in peace.

Tom V.

ps The scrim work is fantastic on that knife and agree it reminds me of some of the automotive COKE signs.

Edited by Tom Vaught (09/10/15 10:02 PM)

#131180 - 09/11/15 05:07 AM Re: Randall 25 Ivory w/ Unsigned Scrim: Rick Bowles? [Re: Wally]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Wally
She's had this for 20 years, it's in the kitchen, unrestored, works as good as ever.

Wally,
Still at $.07 pricing ?? grin

#131187 - 09/11/15 08:53 AM Re: Randall 25 Ivory w/ Unsigned Scrim: Rick Bowles? [Re: Michael_Mason]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

When we found the machine (inside an old garage) The owner had a sign on it, " put a dime in machine, give 50 cents to cashier". The coin box is all mechanical, I tied the "fingers" back so it dispenses for free. At some point the 10 cent sticker began to peel away, revealing the 7 cent sticker underneath.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Mr_Mod