Randall Made Knife Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130954 - 09/03/15 02:39 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? ** [Re: Hemingway]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Hemingway
Anyway, here's my end of the world Randall.

At least you will go out in style. smile

Originally Posted By: Aurevoir Gopher
Wow, that one looks a lot like mine. Love the lines. Very nice. I may have to drill a lanyard hole.

Thanks. You might consider having the shop perform that surgery. smile
RKS #4233

#130956 - 09/03/15 04:15 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
I'm not a "Prepper", mostly due to having money tied up in stuff just sitting there, but I should be one. Look at the towns hit by tornadoes/hurricanes and how long it took to get electricity and other services back up. It could be a month or more, easily.

I would choose a Model #15 "Camping" version as a do all knife for the apocalypse.

NRA Life Member

#130958 - 09/03/15 04:33 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Robert Frey]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Some years ago the grid went down on the east coast and the east side of Detroit & the closest cities around it were without power for 3-4 days.

I was at work when the lights went out and was on my way on the freeway before the freeways jammed up. Every party store/supermarket was hit for Bottled water, canned goods, TP, and soft drinks. The Gas Stations had no electricity so they could not pump gas from the tanks in the ground. (If you wanted to drive 40 miles you could get gas in the outlying towns.) Most people stayed in place in their homes.

The "generator people" fired up their deals and helped keep the food from going bad with power cords to houses.

Fo me I had a above ground pool with 15,000 gallons of water that could be used for flushing toilets, 40 gallons of bottled water, and a pantry full of canned good I could cook on a barbeque grill. So the Randall knife could have been used for some food prep but I had other knives for that deal.

So where in this story does a Randall knife fit into the scheme of things in this case? Where would you use the knife in other cases?

Tom Vaught

The topic IS about preparations so I think my questions are on topic.

Edited by Tom Vaught (09/03/15 04:36 PM)

#130964 - 09/03/15 08:37 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Tom Vaught]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Well Tom......I think your prepping went in where you live.

Here when the juice goes out the wal-marts & other stores get looted until the cops come.

The "generator people" woke up to silence as there generator was stolen while they slept.

No pool problems.

You asked:
So where in this story does a Randall knife fit into the scheme of things in this case?
12-9 right next to my shotgun.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#130967 - 09/03/15 09:28 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Chief]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Chief
Well Tom......I think your prepping went in where you live.

You asked:
So where in this story does a Randall knife fit into the scheme of things in this case?
12-9 right next to my shotgun.

Sounds like, in your case, Chief you would "Fort Up" with the right "Tools of Defense" and ride it out.

Nice talking to your Chief.

Tom V.

#130972 - 09/03/15 11:07 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Tom Vaught]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
lol Or if I had good sense I'd move huh?
The more I look at it the crazier it sounds!
Well like they say "It's all in what you are used too! But it's amazing what you can get used too!"

Pleasure talking with You also.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#130978 - 09/04/15 09:35 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Chief]
Aurevoir Gopher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc:
This just arrived in the mail last evening. My first 14. Took a couple quick pictures while the truck warmed up this morning. Got this one because it is O1 and has a unique Micarta handle. Plus, the guard is canted forward slightly and the swedge grind is shorter and more confined towards the front of the blade, making the blade thicker further out towards the tip, which translates into more weight out there.

It is so darn pretty though. But I did buy it with the intention of using the hell out of it. Yep, I'm going to chop and whop and baton and beat the dog crap out of it. I may even take some video of some of it's use.

So, maybe this will be my Zombie killin', firewood preppin', MRE openin', looter stoppin' chunk of Swedish tool steel.

#130984 - 09/04/15 11:13 AM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Aurevoir Gopher]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
That's "Jade Canvas Micarta" and, to the best of my knowledge ain't around anymore. Too bad! I love the stuff. Nice knife.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: I can't locate my others but here's a couple in Dark Jade Canvas Micarta...CCS

Attachments
------16 Spl.#1 (03-2011) 002.jpg

------16 Spl.#1 (03-2011) 010.jpg

------#25 Set In Dark Jade Canvas 001.jpg

------#25 Set In Dark Jade Canvas 004.jpg

------SSP-Dk.Jade-05,2013 001.jpg

------SSP-Dk.Jade-05,2013 008.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#130988 - 09/04/15 12:39 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Tom Vaught Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The jade was a great looking handle material for sure.

Tom V.

#130989 - 09/04/15 02:03 PM Re: Any "Preppers" Out There? Which Randall? [Re: Tom Vaught]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
I saw this a while back...... Bambalam is in the crosshairs.

http://money.cnn.com/interactive/pf/real-estate/natural-disaster-risk-map/

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod