Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 102 of 175 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121727 - 10/09/14 04:14 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Ronnie]
Holzinger258 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Desert Southwest
Ronnie, I also have a single guard 15 with CDT.
(I don't mean to hijack this thread away from Ivorite.)

Attachments
------CDT.jpg

RKS #258

#121732 - 10/09/14 08:20 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Holzinger258]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Nice but that other 15 has given me a hankering. It looks old school to me.
Thanks for the pictures.
RKS#2166

#121740 - 10/10/14 08:50 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: oldguy]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: oldguy
A picture of the reduced hilt Denmark Special would be good. Thank you. Oldguy

I have not forgotten you Oldguy. That knife's playing hide & seek in the safe, so far it's winning laugh

#122530 - 12/02/14 10:14 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Michael_Mason]
romanum Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I will ask a new question/s about handle to change an ordered Model 14.

Same knife but changing details on handle. Can this be phone or written change required?

To term things with no misunderstanding, the tang will be a CDT. I would like full length tang with nut, but nut flush with handle end. Is this possible and what is it named?

Also would like plain maroon micarta, and no spacers and no metal on hilt. Must I have a hilt to have the nut on tang and perhaps spacers or are they optional and how to term for no misunderstanding.

I feel with age and hard use the spacers compress and stay compressed and would skip if able. And micarta plenty tough and damage no easier than nickel silver, almost.

Desired knife Model 14 stainless with nickel silver single guard, red maroon handle, flush tang nut in bare micarta and no spacers, a worker bee.

If neccessity, would do same with all black spacers and nickel silver hilt with flush nut

Thank you for help speaking Randallism.

Edited by romanum (12/02/14 10:17 PM)

#122537 - 12/03/14 12:03 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: romanum]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Fayetteville NC
It's easier to "talk" via e-mail than on the phone. We don't have to write things down when we are "talking" via e-mail, plus the e-mail provides a paper trail to clear up what was "said".

All my Randall customers order by e-mail unless I am at a show. Then, if there are any changes OR if someone forgot to make a change, the original order approved by the customer is evidence of the finished product.

A paper trail is far better than, "did he mean this or...?"

Regarding your model 14, I'll let the Captain decide the best arrrangement on your order.

Hope this helps,
Buck Buchanan, RKCC #CM-16, RKS #1003
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
Authorized Randall Dealer
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#122556 - 12/03/14 05:58 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Buck Buchanan]
romanum Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thank you for reply. I am trying to avoid calling or emailing little and busy Randall shop and only seeking the exact words I should write/say/email to them so no confusion or wasted time at their end.

#122572 - 12/03/14 09:49 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: romanum]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

If you don't hear from the Captain soon enough here on your inquiry, call him at (407) 436-1113, or send an e-mail to him at CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com/

If language is a problem, call him and ask him to look at your request on the "Randall "ordering questions", and answer you by posting on the Forum.

When I have a question, I call him first before calling the Shop. I called him three times on Tuesday on different orders from customers prior to sending in my next blade list for delivery in March 2015. He is really outstanding.

The Shop probably gets at least 100 calls every work day from all over the world.

Hope this helps,

Buck

Edited by Buck Buchanan (12/03/14 09:52 PM)
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#122578 - 12/04/14 11:43 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Buck Buchanan]
Buck Buchanan Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Regarding the "tang nut", it is normally installed only in conjunction with a butt cap. On the leather washer handle, the nut is on top of the butt cap. On any other handle like stag, wood, or micarta, the nut is recessed in the butt cap.

If you order a CDT model like a #14 or #15, fitted with micarta, and no butt cap, there's no need for the nut, exposed or recessed. The epoxy bonds the micarta to the steel tang.

You state that you want "no spacers and no metal on hilt." The red-white-blue spacers, of course, are both patriotic and free. In lieu of that combination, you can have either all-red or all-black spacers, also free.

You will have to ask the Capt as to whether the spacers can be omitted completely from your order. If so, you would have to state that no spacers requested.

Your "Worker Bee" order (with spacers) submitted would be:
Model 14- CDT (M14-CDT) @ $ 380.00
Stainless Steel (SS) @ $ 65.00
Nickel-Silver Hilt-Single (NS1) @ $ 25.00
Maroon micarta ( MM2). @ $ 50.00
All-Black Spacers (all-black sp) @ $ N/C
Total with spacers @ $ 520.00

I have sold thousands of Randall's since 1975, and never had a micarta handle separate from the blade.

At the top of this forum page is a Model 15-CDT with green micarta, single brass hilt, aluminum & black spacers, a border patrol handle shape, and a wrist thong.

You have three chargeable options already, SS, NS1 & MM2, out of five maximum options. If you want to add $50.00 to your knife order total, you could add the "Border Patrol Handle (BPH) @ $25.00 and the "Wrist Thong" (WT) @ $25.00, making your total order, $ 570.00. The Border Patrol Handle is second in demand to the standard grip on the model 14.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Buck Buchanan (12/04/14 12:07 PM)
NRA LIFE
NMLRA LIFE
buck100_10x@icloud.com

#122582 - 12/04/14 12:28 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: romanum]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
OK:
You "must" accept the fact that spacers (5 of them) will be used. As Buck already stated, red, white & blue, all red or all black are you color choices. No butt"nut", exposed or otherwise, without a butt "cap". Red micarta is unavailable on a #14 CDT. Maroon? Yes! I hope this helps. There are a variety of ways to configure this knife. Let us know if you have any questions.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#122585 - 12/04/14 02:52 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
romanum Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks to you both for such help, and I am only sorry it is already a direct order needful of change, otherwise i would be placing with you. Next order I promise.

I have a Border Patrol handle and it fits hand most wonderful. But for me the rounded squared top hurts hand with hard blows while round Model 18 or teardrop Model 5 a joy
I work with metal and highest grade adhesive epoxies and see what happens to both with nasty environment, so prefer the clamping of nut to remove an possible shear movement to glue which then should truly last forever and not only fifty or 70 years. Personal choice for heirs on a very used knife.

I have seen many pretty knives here looking, and the maroon and black spacers and nickel silver hilt and cap one of prettiest when not going natural handle and engraved.
Thank you again for information and I thank you.for shop and saved time on call or email

Edited by romanum (12/04/14 02:55 PM)

Page 102 of 175 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod