dominionhobby.com Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 101 of 175 < 1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121706 - 10/08/14 09:48 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Billy Poyner]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Billy, I have wanted a 10-3 in the bone linen since the first time I seen a picture of one. I would also like to see how that stuff would look on a model 25 type handle.
I see you see you are from Southaven. I have been there before and stayed a couple of days there.oldguy

#121710 - 10/08/14 10:48 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: oldguy]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
The shops main problem with the white handle materials is that most of the materials out there do have some sort of "dirty" abnormalities in them, or god-awful smells and dust. It's a no-win situation for us...if they are real bad, we end of ripping the handles off and starting over, losing a lot of valuable time. If it is a customers material, we are not responsible for the final outcome...right?...wrong...we are still looked on as we put an inferior product on our knives. One customer sells the knife to another and eventually someone asks why would the shop even bother to use these handle materials in the first place...
We have developed a few white, off-white and even Antique gold color materials with our suppliers, unfortunately, for some reason or another, when we go to reorder, the formulas have changed or have been discontinued, (as in the AGM). We seem to have hit a homer with our present-day Ivorite, and can just pray that the materials stay true to the way they look for us now. Hope this helped this discussion a little...

---DW---

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#121712 - 10/08/14 11:38 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Billy Poyner]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Oldguy,
I have bone linen on a 1-7 12-6 LLB Stanaback Special & Sgts.
Don't have it on anything with a 25 handle yet!!!!
You get back in my part of the world give me a holler.You Kenkan and Me will share a meal.

Billy Poyner
RKCC 021 RKS 5030
NRA Endowment
MM
SO MOTE IT BE

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#121714 - 10/09/14 12:39 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Billy Poyner]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
I have a Fireman that I love that Randall used a block of jade green G-10 slotted by Jim Behring....perfect & beautiful job done by the shop IMHO......biased, I know. And then a #15 Airman using a block of brown micarta from the same craftsman. I never heard any complaints from Randall & sure as heck none from me.

Attachments
------image.jpg

------image.jpg

Edited by Duke (10/09/14 12:40 AM)
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#121715 - 10/09/14 02:02 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Duke]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
Steve that 15 CDT is one of the nicest Randall's I've seen in a long time. Just beautiful!
RKS#2166

#121716 - 10/09/14 06:26 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Ronnie]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Ronnie,
I don't see Steve's #15,CDT...only the full, exposed tang #15 with a single hilt. Am I missing an attachment?
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#121717 - 10/09/14 07:20 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Thus my confusion, Capt. Chris , and really shouldn't have posted my obviously full, exposed tang Fireman; as is my #15 Airman that I didn't post. Sorry and remove the entire post if you want. Best to 'ya.
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#121718 - 10/09/14 08:02 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Duke]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Nothing needs to be removed. On the contrary, photos help many folks in aiding with descriptions, even possible future orders. I just thought there had been a photo or 2 that I could not see.
Good topic, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#121719 - 10/09/14 08:35 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Ronnie Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NW Mississippi
My mistake. I meant cut down guard.....single guard.
RKS#2166

#121720 - 10/09/14 10:16 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Dirty_Water]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Originally Posted By: Dirty_Water
The shops main problem with the white handle materials is that most of the materials out there do have some sort of "dirty" abnormalities in them, or god-awful smells and dust. It's a no-win situation for us...if they are real bad, we end of ripping the handles off and starting over, losing a lot of valuable time. If it is a customers material, we are not responsible for the final outcome...right?...wrong...we are still looked on as we put an inferior product on our knives. One customer sells the knife to another and eventually someone asks why would the shop even bother to use these handle materials in the first place...
We have developed a few white, off-white and even Antique gold color materials with our suppliers, unfortunately, for some reason or another, when we go to reorder, the formulas have changed or have been discontinued, (as in the AGM). We seem to have hit a homer with our present-day Ivorite, and can just pray that the materials stay true to the way they look for us now. Hope this helped this discussion a little...

---DW---

Thanks for clearing that up Scott. I obviously didn't know what the heck folks were talking about with the "filthy" comments about the ivorite. I like the stuff myself but then I don't really know squat about much of anything so it had me doubting my judgment on the stuff.

Jim E.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

Page 101 of 175 < 1 2 ... 99 100 101 102 103 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod