Clinton Knives Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 93 of 175 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 174 175 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#110375 - 04/20/13 10:39 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions * [Re: Michael_Mason]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.

Cap,
Can you order a n/s collar when ordering a knife with a leather handle, and if so, what takes place at the butt end for spacers ?
Thank-You....

#110376 - 04/21/13 08:39 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Michael_Mason]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Mike,
Good question. I had a Model #4-4 1/2" made last year with a smooth nickel silver collar and a leather handle. I cannot find any photos of that knife but the Randall shop definitely made it and will still make it. All collared handles have 1 spacer (black) at either end, i.e. the collar is seperated from the leather by a single black spacer and the butt cap is also seperated from the leather by a single black spacer. I'll double-check this with the shop when I go down there next week.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------#2-6 (ivory) handle-A.JPG

------#12-6-SPRTSMN-REDWOOD-09,2011 005.jpg

------#12-8-Brass Engr.Stag- May,2011 007.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (04/21/13 08:40 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#110381 - 04/21/13 10:59 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.

Thank-You !!!
Food for thought...

#111279 - 05/21/13 10:47 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Michael_Mason]
Robert Frey Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wausau, WI USA
Can the Models 7 - 4 1/2 or 4 - 4 1/2 or 5 - 4 be ordered with a double #1 hilt?

NRA Life Member

#111290 - 05/22/13 08:20 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Robert Frey]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Yes...and no:
The #7 and #4 can. In past years you could have added the small model #5-4" to that list as well..."BUT"...(I know...that word again)...due a number of double hilted #5-4's being altered and passed off as miniature Model #1's, the option was discontinued.
Hope this helps, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#111477 - 05/31/13 05:12 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
1tarpontoo Offline
Just dropped in

I found my dad's knife in a garage box afer he died. He served in the Phillipines and I just learned that he and his father bought it in Chicago after he got his draft notice (he was drafted two weeks out of high school). His name, tag number, Infantry and Company (126 Infantry, Company A)are written on the scabbard. Sargeant William M. Dwyer is buried in Joliet, Illinois, Abraham Lincoln National Memorial with his other high school buddies. Does anyone know a shop in Chicago that Randall shipped these to? My mother says it was a well known knife shop.

Attachments
------dad's Randall knife.jpg

#111486 - 05/31/13 10:50 PM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: 1tarpontoo]
alan_grombacher Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Canada
Corrado Cutlery would probably be the knife store. Kitty Corner to the Daily Center and just a bit away from the Board of Trade Building. They always had Randalls in their display cases.

They have moved the shop to Evanston, a short walk from the Irish shop.

Cheers,

Alan Grombacher
RKS#5531
RKCC-CMI-010
Loyola Academy '78
RKS#5531

#111487 - 06/01/13 03:15 AM Re: Randall "ordering" questions [Re: alan_grombacher]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
This is just a question for all the talking heads that are at the Blade Show now. It seems like all the knives I ordered in the past and in really has not been that many that all that where make with pure silver were so marked on the blade. Not so with the last two I have gotten. Is this something the shop did out of there extra fine work or did you need to request this as an option? The last two I received where not so marked. I just got the last one the first of the week, had forgotten the order by then to be truthful with all that has happened in my life since I ordered it, but it is a real man's knife. Mod. 12-9-14 grind with Pure Silver,FCH,CMO. handle with center cut Ivory and SS blade. It is a real beautiful knife and to heavy for me but will someday make someone a great collector piece. The Ivory handle is flawless and a great piece of art. If I haven't forgotten how I will take some shots of it and post later? I see a couple of typing errors but for some reason I can't seem to change them but I think you will know what I am trying to say. It is 3 in the morning and I just got up to check on the dogs. Hope all you dogs are having fun, wish I was there.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

#111526 - 06/03/13 11:45 AM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
DaveTrydahl Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Big Pine, CA
Hi all, new guy here. I just discovered this forum a few days ago and spent a few hours his weekend reading over this entire thread. There is a ton of good info here I have never heard of before (Bowie Clip Point, “Under” Grips, etc.). Capt., have you considered posting a link to this thread on your website for those customers who aren’t aware of its existence? It would have saved you a half dozen or so calls and emails from me in the past asking questions you have already answered here.

#111872 - 06/22/13 01:27 PM Re: 6. Randall "ordering" questions [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Tommy Schofield Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Texas
Handle question:
Can a knife be ordered with a commando handle made out of stag? I have not seen one but that does not meen anything, Just wanted to know.

Tommy Schofield
RKCC CM-167
NRA - Lifetime Member

Page 93 of 175 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 174 175 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod