dominionhobby.com Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#108166 - 02/13/13 02:03 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" *** [Re: Buckspen]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Buck,

Found info on Curtis in my Knives '85 book under "Scrimshanders".

Jean E. Curtis
2809 Midwood
Lansing, MI 48910
517-393-9316

Here's the only reference I found with a quick search on the internet: Link

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
RKS #4233

#108167 - 02/13/13 02:06 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Buckspen]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
We're here for the articles!!! Not the Pictures!!

Only thing I dug up was a scrimshaw reference made on a Curtis Johnson and a Curtis Wilson. First had a sold knife with Polar cub or something on it. Just a name on the second one! Will data mine some more this evening!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#108174 - 02/13/13 06:37 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Buckspen]
boardrider Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Malibu CA, USA
Don't know anything about the scrim but like the art, do you want to sell it? Sorry cap if this is the wrong place for this post...
G Snyder RKS #63
RKCC

"REMEMBER, YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG BY COLLECTING OR OWNING THE BEST"

http://www.knife-collectibles.com

#108223 - 02/15/13 02:51 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: boardrider]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Tom - Thanks for the information you provided. The knife in the link is interesting and the signature is similar to that on my knife.

Mr. Snyder - Knife is not for sale. I just bought it a couple weeks ago and I think it's a keeper.

Here are a couple of photos of another interesting knife. This is a Little Bear Bowie with a five inch blade. The handle is scrimshawed by Sandra Brady (www.scrimshaw-by-sandra-brady.com), a well known and very talented scrimshander. Sandy happened to be at the same show where I bought the knife and she confirmed that it was her work.

- - Buckspen

Attachments
------bradyscrim1.JPG

------bradyscrim5.JPG

#166262 - 11/12/17 02:10 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Buckspen]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Hey Bruce,

Here is an old Elephant Tusk Tip that I picked up today that you may enjoy seeing. Signed Curtis '87.

(I guess she only had one model to choose from)

Attachments
------3.jpg

------4.jpg

------5.jpg

------6.jpg

------7.jpg

ta2bill@yahoo.com

#166264 - 11/12/17 03:37 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Buckspen Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ohio
Hah! I got a laugh out of that one! Thanks for posting the photos. By the way, somewhere in the last few years, I found out that Jean Curtis is a female. I believe that the knife in the attached photo may be the one that Steve refers to above. It is another #12-5 Little Bear Bowie (appropriate scrim for a Little Bear).

-Buckspen

Attachments
------12-5curtis1.JPG

------12-5curtis2.JPG

#166278 - 11/13/17 12:50 AM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Buckspen]
Raindog Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Coldwater, AL, These United St...
Wow! Things sure have changed. I can remember that, a few years ago, I was censored for posting this photo that I took at a model shoot featuring a Randall knife. I was told that the photo was inappropriate for this forum and it was removed. I guess that things have changed.

Edited by Raindog (11/13/17 12:51 AM)

Death tugs at my ear and says: "Live, I am coming."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes

#166279 - 11/13/17 04:01 AM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Raindog]
Neale_Jenkinson Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lincolnshire,England
Originally Posted By: Raindog
Wow! Things sure have changed. I can remember that, a few years ago, I was censored for posting this photo that I took at a model shoot featuring a Randall knife. I was told that the photo was inappropriate for this forum and it was removed. I guess that things have changed.

took me a while but I did eventually spot the Randall content smile

#166310 - 11/13/17 06:43 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Neale_Jenkinson]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
If my memory is correct I think it got censored because it had a link to other pics with less clothes.
But yes I'm glad that there is less censorship than before..........if only we could undo the bans & start fresh.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#166311 - 11/13/17 06:46 PM Re: Scrimshawed Smithsonian Bowie Signed "Curtis" [Re: Chief]
smcbrearty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
So where's the link to the other pics.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod