Clinton Knives Stanback Knives
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67801 - 10/13/09 03:02 PM Norfolk in Pearl
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
All I can say is WOW!

I have never liked buying any knife without seeing it first. I know a good dealer will always take back the knife if you don't like, but thats not the point....It's that you want a good knife...or in this case good looking Pearl.

I have been fortunate enough to be exposed to good pearl and the pearl that looks like it's a bar of soap.

When I ordered this knife, and up to today, when I received this knife, I kinda had that..."I hope its nice" feeling,

...So when I opened the box I sort of squinted my eyes. To my absolute pleasure I was completely blown away by the pearl scales on this Norfolk...I can truly say this scan does not do it justice.

WR Case really got a hold of some premium pearl for this knife....mark & pile both are superb. Thank You Case for doing such a top notch job on these.

Attachments
67916-PearlNorfolk.jpg (49 downloads)

#67802 - 10/13/09 08:09 PM Re: Norfolk in Pearl [Re: John_Nugent]
jrj Offline
RKS #5666

Loc: Minneapolis
John,
An absolutely gorgeous knife. Congrats!

I have recently purchased a MOP Swayback Jack, Trapper and Seahorse Whittler. All scales have been of the highest quality.

I think the association with Tony is raising the bar for overall quality. Good for us.
Jeff Johnson RKS #5666

#67803 - 10/13/09 08:59 PM Re: Norfolk in Pearl [Re: jrj]
John_Hanlon Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Fantastic pearl John. That be the first Norfolk I have seen in pearl. I can only hope mine will be as nice.

#67804 - 10/14/09 08:22 AM Re: Norfolk in Pearl [Re: John_Hanlon]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I hope so too. Hopefully all 100 pearls will be grade A. Wonder when the ebony will be out?

#67805 - 10/14/09 09:53 PM Re: Norfolk in Pearl [Re: John_Nugent]
Troy_McHenry Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Very nice! I always buy the Case/Tony collaboration in jigged bone, but because this pattern is so nice, I was thinking one in MOP would be the ultimate gents knife. How does it carry?

-Troy

#67806 - 10/14/09 10:12 PM Re: Norfolk in Pearl [Re: Troy_McHenry]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I probably won't carry the pearl. But I have been carrying one equipped with Chestnut bone. Very slim, un-noticable in the pocket. I have eyed patterns similiar to this for years. I am glad Case made it as well as they did, giving us a chance to carry one.

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton