Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#43768 - 06/25/08 11:02 PM Hello to All
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

Loc: Alabama
Hello All, I am a knifeaholic, the beast has had me in its grips for 42 years of collecting. I have been sober and not bought a knife in 24 hours. But the urge is still there.
James

#43769 - 06/26/08 07:41 AM Re: Hello to All [Re: James_Todd]
Tony Bose Offline
Knifemaker

Quote:

Hello All, I am a knifeaholic, the beast has had me in its grips for 42 years of collecting. I have been sober and not bought a knife in 24 hours. But the urge is still there.
James

Jim, people like you are what keep people like me from getting a real job. Thank you.

#43770 - 06/28/08 10:07 PM Re: Hello to All [Re: Tony Bose]
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

You know, you sound just like my old (now deceased) friend, WT Fuller, he never considered it a job, he loved what he did, made folks happy and loved talking about any knife, his or others. I spent many an hour with him and miss him to this day. My own father died when I was six and men such as yourself and WT taught me a lot about life and knives. I appreciated the kindness you showed me at Blade and loved every minute of the fellowship.
My friends call me Jim,
I hope you will too.
Jim

#43771 - 06/29/08 01:03 PM Re: Hello to All [Re: James_Todd]
JM1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Welcome, Jim. The way it works is as follows: The first knife Tony makes for you is for me, and then you need to send me the knife with a fifth of Wild Turkey 101. That opens the gate to heaven. After that first step, you can start your collection of Bose Knives, the best pocket knives made in the history of knives since the flintstone.

Seriously now, I only use Bose knives, anything else is a let down. My friends call me Juan, I hope you do to.

#43772 - 06/29/08 05:24 PM Re: Hello to All [Re: JM1]
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

Thanks Juan, I don't think I am on Tony's list of folks to send knives to. I have a couple obtained thru the secondary market, but did not want to impose on the Dawg when I first met him at Blade, we have a couple of mutual friends, perhaps someday, I will gather enough courage to ask him for one, until then, I will always be second or thirds on a knife. They are FINE!!! Love both of mine, hope to have a third in not too distant future.
Jim

#43773 - 06/30/08 11:26 AM Re: Hello to All [Re: James_Todd]
John_Nugent Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Hi Jim
Only a knifeaholic? Wish life was that simple
Welcome to the forum

#43774 - 06/30/08 05:49 PM Re: Hello to All [Re: John_Nugent]
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

Quote:

Hi Jim
Only a knifeaholic? Wish life was that simple
Welcome to the forum

Thank You, just discovered it due to conversation with Kerry.

#43775 - 08/31/08 10:24 AM Re: Hello to All [Re: James_Todd]
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

Quote:

Thanks Juan, I don't think I am on Tony's list of folks to send knives to. I have a couple obtained thru the secondary market, but did not want to impose on the Dawg when I first met him at Blade, we have a couple of mutual friends, perhaps someday, I will gather enough courage to ask him for one, until then, I will always be second or thirds on a knife. They are FINE!!! Love both of mine, hope to have a third in not too distant future.
Jim

Got the third from JH, a fine gents knife, can't tell how pleased I am. Tony's knives are without question among the best I have ever handled. I have been collecting for over 40 years and have some by some of the best. Such as Harvey McBurnette, WT Fuller, and Bob Cargill. I am proud to add him to my All Star line up.
Jim

#43776 - 09/02/08 09:43 AM Re: Hello to All [Re: James_Todd]
Cut_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

What these guys are saying...well, not useless

Attachments
45122-nopicture(1).jpg (133 downloads)

Edited by Cut_Man (09/02/08 09:45 AM)

#43777 - 09/20/08 05:26 PM Re: Hello to All [Re: Cut_Man]
James_Todd Offline
Just dropped in

If I knew how to post pictures I would, PM'd a moderator months ago, never got a response, so I figured no one cared or if the site was not watched a lot. I have no trouble posting links or pictures over at BF. But have had no luck here. And with no response from a mod, I have not tried again.
Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton