Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#10255 - 10/05/06 04:03 PM My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Loc: Terre Haute, IN

I struggled where to post this since it isn't what some people call a "real" TB knife but it's the closest thing I have to it so far. I just picked this up last night and had to brag about it. It really is an amazing knife and is going to be in my right-front pocket.

#10256 - 10/05/06 04:32 PM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: kdhampton]
Chris_Delp Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Very nice Kerry How is the lock up on the main blade? Is it tight? I started with the TB/Case Muskrat....and it looks like I may need to play with a whittler!!

Chris

#10257 - 10/06/06 08:46 AM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: Chris_Delp]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Is it tight?! The lockup is as good as it gets due to the almost 1/4"(.210") thickness of tang/lock mating. This is an amazing knife. I just learned about these knives earlier this week and I had to have one. I was lucky enough to hold this one before I bought it too which was an extra bonus. Here is a couple of other pics of the back. Notice the geometry of the master blade...beautiful!

#10258 - 10/06/06 10:49 AM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: kdhampton]
Chris_Delp Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Quote:

Is it tight?! The lockup is as good as it gets due to the almost 1/4"(.210") thickness of tang/lock mating. This is an amazing knife. I just learned about these knives earlier this week and I had to have one. I was lucky enough to hold this one before I bought it too which was an extra bonus. Here is a couple of other pics of the back. Notice the geometry of the master blade...beautiful!

Thanks for the nice pics!!! Wow, that main blade tang IS thick. I may start a serious search for one!! Have a great day

Chris D.

#10259 - 02/04/07 04:53 PM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: kdhampton]
MARKRKS2769 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

My EDC is a TB/Case dogleg jack...the blade holds a edge great and is a great pocket size..Best EDC I have ever used...Mark RKS #2769.

#10260 - 02/05/07 05:09 AM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: kdhampton]
Bob_Glassman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I have been carrying a Case/Bose Hawbacker Rat for about 7 months everyday now along with other knives (including a full size ivory BPK from Tony frequently). I never expected that there would be a knife from a production company that would be good enough to earn pocket space in my pants. Well, I was wrong!! It is terrific.

If you haven't already checked out the collaborations, I suggest you do so. They are excellent knives.

I would love to have one of those Lockback Whittlers.

#10261 - 02/06/07 03:42 PM Re: My new edc - TB/Case Lockback Whittler [Re: Bob_Glassman]
kdhampton Offline
Moderator Bose Forum

Is your camera broke? WE WANNA PICTURE!

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton