Clinton Knives Nifeboy.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#9056 - 08/04/06 02:40 AM Amazed
Dwayne_Dushane Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: West Texas
Tony & Reese, I know most everyone already knows the quality of your knives but until this weekend I really haven't had the opportunity to hold one and really look closely at one. But while at a knife show in Austin this past weekend a gentleman had an Ivory handled Large Saddlehorn Trapper Prototype that you made and I was simply awestruck. I've been a fan of yalls work for several years but being able to
look at that knife really inspires a man. I took it to Bill Ruple & showed him, Bill and I have been good friends for probably 10 yrs or so, and he said he has one of yours on order simply to keep and be a standard for his work. You guys are the industry standard as far as slip joints are concerned and my goal is to make knives to that standard. I'm not there but I won't quite trying until I get there. Thank you for doing what yall do and sharing your talent with the world. May God bless all you do,

#9057 - 08/05/06 07:45 AM Re: Amazed [Re: Dwayne_Dushane]
Whiteman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Indiana
Hello Dwayne

Just checked out your website and WOW!! All I gotta say is "Big Eclipse". That is one of the best looking blades I have seen. Love the file work and finish! Man this hobby is going to get me in trouble with the wife.

#9058 - 08/06/06 12:15 AM Re: Amazed [Re: Whiteman]
Dwayne_Dushane Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: West Texas
Whiteman, Thanks for the comments, I'm going to try to get that knife back from the gentleman that owns it to get some better pictures, I finally bought a nice digital camera, the pictures on my website of it are just scans from my flatbed scanner and they don't really show it for what it is. Thanks again for the kind comments. Later, Dwayne

Moderator:  John_Hanlon, John_Nugent, kdhampton