Miles Swelze Randall Knife Collectors Club
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#149155 - 08/30/16 07:43 PM Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt ****
Zogger Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Until recently I carried either a pocket knife in my pocket or a folding knife clipped on to my pants. Now I am carrying a fixed blade knife with a sheath that slips onto my belt.

I am having a hard time keeping the sheath from sliding back and forth on my belt as I move around. Since most of the sheaths I see for fixed blade knives come this way, I was wondering what others do to keep the sheath sliding around? Or is this how it is supposed to be?

Thanks!

#149156 - 08/30/16 07:54 PM Re: Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt [Re: Zogger]
W Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central New York
Call Grant at Behring Made. All their pocket knives have sheaths supplied with clips.

#149157 - 08/30/16 07:56 PM Re: Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt [Re: W Polidori]
Zogger Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren,

Thanks but is the sheath sliding around on the belt the way it is supposed to be or am I wearing it wrong? Sounds silly but it annoys me.

#149158 - 08/30/16 08:01 PM Re: Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt [Re: Zogger]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Firstly, sheath play is a double edged knife....mostly you want knife to be able to adjust to sitting/standing circumstances, extra/outer clothes, gear, etc.....a sheath nailed in one place is a royal pain, such as on old issue pistol belt, or some velcro combat gear.

Secondly, sheath placement on belt depends on your britches and where loops are located which limit where knife is placed....and something with which you experiment to find what placement works with what pants and with what activities.

Some combos turn out ideal, some are total duds. Sometimes same knife carried in front of hip, other times behind the hip, and work fantastic with THAT clothing and daily chores, but totally unworkable with other clothing.

You will appreciate adjustability which play gives when mounting/dismounting, and simply find what combos work for YOU.

On shorter blades with hangar sheaths, I like the option of tucking sheath in front left pocket to one degree or another....it certainly goes nowhere, then.

#149159 - 08/30/16 08:03 PM Re: Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt [Re: Lofty]
Zogger Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Lofty! A nice explaination.

#149163 - 08/30/16 08:45 PM Re: Fixed Blade Knife Sheath Sliding on Belt [Re: Zogger]
Lofty Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I had mentioned before, but my favorite sheath for actually carry provided no rough and tumble is the bare sheath with a frog stud sticking out the front, and simply stuffed under belt.

Carries as a high ride, but no threading off and on belt, and self adjusts to circumstance. Can easily wear a 1-8 all day, sitting/standing/driving/couchslouching and hardly touch the thing.

Edited by Lofty (08/30/16 08:46 PM)

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman