Randall Knife Collectors Club dominionhobby.com
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#158086 - 03/14/17 10:01 PM WWII fighting knife
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
Does anyone have an idea who made this knife? it looks like a Murphy blade but I have never seen a cast Aluminum handle with a false pommel like this one. I am selling this one for a friend on Ebay but I really don't know what it is.

Attachments
------IMG_0860 (3).JPG

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#158112 - 03/15/17 08:17 AM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: maxpastor]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Cool knife, Max. I have no idea who made it, but it reminds me of Chris Reeve's first One-Piece knife.

RKS #4233

#158126 - 03/15/17 10:43 AM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: TAH]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tom, That Reeve's is very cool.

I have done hours of research on the internet, however I don't have any Military Reference books. I thought one of the military collectors on the forum may have an idea. it has a similar blade to the Murphy combat but the handle is something I haven't seen in my research. could be Clouse/Murhpy
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#158153 - 03/15/17 08:29 PM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: maxpastor]
Boomer51 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee
The handle and pommel looks like a WW2 sleeve dagger variant but most of them didn't have a clip point. They were generally 7" overall length with a pancake type leather sheath with a strap that went around the forearm or leg. Not sure if that is what you have or not but that's the closest I have in my reference books. Cool looking knife - do you have a sheath?

#158156 - 03/15/17 10:01 PM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: Boomer51]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

thanks Dwight,
I do not have the sheath. My friend that owns this knife deals in Military surplus, but not many knives. the sheath it was in was a MK 2 sheath, however I am pretty sure the original sheath was leather. thank you for the information. another clue.

max

RKCC #502

#158265 - 03/19/17 10:19 AM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: maxpastor]
Boomer51 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tennessee
Good luck with it Max, please share if you find out anything else about it - now I'm curious.

Tom - good looking knife there..

#158284 - 03/19/17 09:46 PM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: Boomer51]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

the Richtig is the closest match I can find, but there is so many of these out there. the WWII GI's like to put there own spend on a knife to make it their own. Could have started it life as any of the good one's.

I do like the hunt grin

RKCC #502

#158293 - 03/20/17 08:33 AM Re: WWII fighting knife [Re: Boomer51]
TAH Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Boomer51
Tom - good looking knife there..

I agree, Dwight. It's not mine. I just grabbed the photo from the internet.
RKS #4233

Moderator:  pappy19, Peter_Kaufman