dominionhobby.com Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186353 - 03/10/20 09:56 AM Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
I'm in Atlanta this week doing work stuff (checking in with the mothership, essentially).

At the rate things are going, there's a real possibility that they'll shut down ATL airport by Friday, when I'm expecting to fly home.

After a quick think, I've determined that I would just drive home with the rental car. There are certainly thinks to see and people to do in Atlanta, but home is where it's at.

I've already reached out to Billy Poyner letting him know that I may be stopping by to say hello this coming weekend.

#186354 - 03/10/20 10:13 AM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Windsor]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Good luck getting a rental if they shut down the airport.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#186357 - 03/10/20 01:05 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: JE6245]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: JE6245
Good luck getting a rental if they shut down the airport.

I already have one. It's a bit of a PITA to navigate the greater Atlanta area without one.

I'd just call National and inform them that my "turn in location" and time has changed.

#186360 - 03/10/20 05:53 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Windsor]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
What makes you think they will close ATL?

#186362 - 03/10/20 06:18 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: tunefink]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Italy going from "half closed" to "entry country on lockdown" in one day yesterday.

Several school districts around Atlanta have *closed* their doors, "keep your kids at home."

Paranoia is running pretty wild and not letting off.

#186363 - 03/10/20 06:51 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Windsor]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Actually only 1 school system in the Atlanta metropolitan area has closed, and will reopen on Thursday. This is the Fulton County school system, that had ONE employ "possibly" diagnosed/infected with COVID-19...as a precaution they closed that school to clean/disinfect, however, as you know, you cannot close 1 school, in a system, and not close them all...SO...I doubt that this will lead to the closing of the worlds busiest airport, however this is certainly how the madness gets propagated....
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#186364 - 03/10/20 07:00 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: thevalueman]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the men come and take you away

Buffalo Springfield
RKS #4868

#186368 - 03/10/20 08:51 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: tomthbomb]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Remember the Waffle House threshold for national emergency?

The one in Canton GA (1849 Marietta Hwy) closed.

*runs around with hair on fire*

#186370 - 03/10/20 09:23 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: thevalueman]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: thevalueman
Actually only 1 school system in the Atlanta metropolitan area has closed, and will reopen on Thursday. This is the Fulton County school system, that had ONE employ "possibly" diagnosed/infected with COVID-19...as a precaution they closed that school to clean/disinfect, however, as you know, you cannot close 1 school, in a system, and not close them all...SO...I doubt that this will lead to the closing of the worlds busiest airport, however this is certainly how the madness gets propagated....
:-)Rocky

You are correct, it was Fulton county school system (4th largest in the state). Other states don't have problems closing just one school in a system, btw.

My misinformation aside, the frenzy isn't slowing down. Universities are pushing classes to "online sessions only" one-by-one.

#186372 - 03/10/20 09:48 PM Re: Interesting possibility regarding Coronavirus [Re: Windsor]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Family accidentally orders 12 years worth of toilet paper.

https://www.fox4news.com/news/family-accidentally-orders-12-years-worth-of-toilet-paper
RKS #4868

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod