Clinton Knives James Behring Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#164164 - 08/31/17 12:25 PM Show of strength as well as support!
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
All Forum Members,
I have some "not-so-great" news to share with you. One of my absolute best friends, my "Brother from another Mother" as I call him, is in need of our support. Please read this and, if humanly possible put yourself in his shoes. I think, if nothing else, you will see the need he has for support at this time.
Fellow forum member and RKCC charter member, Ken Lambert is hurting right now. Besides needing serious surgery himself, besides having lost his wife, Suzanne, just 2 years ago, Ken experienced some of the worst a man can yesterday afternoon.
Ken's youngest son, James, was exercising his injured leg by riding his bicycle yesterday when he passed out, falling (face-first) over the top of the handle bars, and striking the pavement on his face, busting and breaking his teeth upon impact.
A neighbor saw the crash as well as a school bus driver who was driving past. The driver called 911 and asked James if he was alright. James pointed down the street to Ken's house and asked the driver to let his family know that he had wrecked and was having trouble breathing!
Ken arrived just about at the exact same time as the ambulance. James was transported to Baptist hospital in Southaven, Ms. He was fighting with the team, complaining of not being able to breath when he collapsed and quit fighting. He was rushed into a trauma room and worked on by the trauma unit.
We lost James yesterday. Nobody is sure, at this writing, of the cause of death. The coroner assured Ken that, even though it could take as long as 2 weeks, he promised Ken he would find out the cause of death.
Ken has now lost 2 loves of his life and is "still" facing serious surgery in only 2 weeks time! I cannot imagine the feeling he is having...but I am going to drive up and find out! I have spoken to Ken several times, both yesterday and today, as well as our other "Brother", Billy Poyner who lives in Southaven as well. As soon as the storm (Harvey) passes, I'll be Northwesterly bound, I promise, and will bring you all any (if any) news about this total tragedy.
Please keep Ken, and the rest of the Lambert family in your hearts and prayers during this ordeal. I know it will mean a lot to all of them. I just hung up the phone with Ken a short time ago. He is doing as well as can be expected, wanting the eternal answer "WHY"? I have never heard a satisfactory answer to that question in my lifetime. Parents aren't supposed to bury their kids.
The only saving grace I could offer Ken is to "know" that Suzanne is and always will be awaiting her family in heaven. She may not have expected this particular "order" but James is arriving to open arms, this much is "certain"!
Thanks to all of you, in advance, for your support.
Respectfully submitted,
Captain Chris Stanaback
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#164165 - 08/31/17 12:41 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
I can't imagine the pain. Prayers sent. God bless.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#164166 - 08/31/17 12:44 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: pappy19]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

2 say Rebecca and I are saddened by this would be a colossal understatement!
We love you Kenny and will be here to offer you any support we can. The same with the crww from the Greek Village.
We ALL send our love and prayers in this awful situation.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#164167 - 08/31/17 12:53 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Tragic news, we are all saddened.

Cap please let Ken know our prayers for his Son are going out. And we will continue to pray for Ken that God will give him the strength to get through, as you said the most painful thing that a parent should never have to do.

Godspeed and safe travels Cap!

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#164169 - 08/31/17 01:22 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: GCTom41]
CrazyCajun Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Prayers for Ken, the immediate family, and entire family tree. Prayers go out to all with an asking for strength to the family and those that support them!
RKCC CM #051
NRA Member
FlA Knife Makers Assoc.

#164171 - 08/31/17 01:47 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Ken
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family in this time in need.
I am sure all of your knife friends feel the same.

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#164173 - 08/31/17 02:02 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
My un-ending thoughts and Prayers are with Ken.

Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#164178 - 08/31/17 05:23 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
oof. Prayers out.

#164179 - 08/31/17 06:09 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Ken

Denyse and I have known about your surgery for a long time and have kept you in our prayers. When Billy told me about James yesterday, I was lost for words. I, like others, can not fathom the hurt, sadness and emptiness in your heart.

I only met James at Suzanne's funeral, but he was very friendly to me and we had a good talk, even at such a sad time.

Ken, you are one of the strongest people I know. Please know that, although we are not there in person, you have our love and support, now and in the coming weeks.

Rod and Denyse
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

#164182 - 08/31/17 07:57 PM Re: Show of strength as well as support! [Re: rodbrown]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Ken,

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
While this is not the why you are looking for I hope it helps you find strength.
You are a very Good Man Ken, I pray for you to realize this in your time of need.
May peace be upon you Brother, we will pray for you.
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod