Randall Made Knife
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#146236 - 07/31/16 02:02 AM Time to Start Scouting?? *****
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southwest Virginia
Well, been thinking more about 2016 fall hunting season in SW VA Blue Ridge Mountains. My last hunts were for spring Gobblers in May, 2013.......longest period of time to have not gone since I was 9 and my spirit, mind and soul are truly yearning to spend some days....& nights, in the woods. So time to start getting my "hype up"; thinking
about and deciding which knives I'll carry this year, which weapons, sorting & re-packing
piles. AND, looking at my pics. & info. from past hunts.
Anybody else? And maybe one of ya'll would like to meet me at the farm on the Parkway for a long weekend to utilize a Randall???

Attachments
------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

Edited by Duke (07/31/16 02:07 AM)
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#146239 - 07/31/16 08:25 AM Re: Time to Start Scouting?? [Re: Duke]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Man!!!! Did you wake up from a dream about hinting season LOL
I guess its never to early to get ready. I do hope your health allows you to take part in something you really enjoy this year Duke.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#146323 - 08/01/16 07:12 AM Re: Time to Start Scouting?? [Re: Duke]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Duke,

The best to you this year for some great hunting time! Those are some great Whitetails hanging on the wall! Bet the Turkey tasted pretty good too.

End of August will start with some Bow range work and then a little long distance shooting. Looking forward to deer season in the Finger Lakes (tough drought conditions so far-corn is not doing well), followed by a Mule Deer hunt in Southern Colorado.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#146333 - 08/01/16 01:26 PM Re: Time to Start Scouting?? [Re: GCTom41]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks James and Tom,
I am planning, and hoping, a little early maybe but being in the woods in your mind is the next best thing to being there. Squirrel season opens in VA 03/Sept.
which make for a great reason to be in the woods with a weapon and scouting sign..... & being peaceful. Good time for a blunt head arrow for squirrel to get ready for deer and turkey on 01/Oct.....& then all seasons follow until mid. Jan.
And I saved 1/2 the wall Tom with the big boys to see if anyone else was really interested in hunting.
Thanks again!
Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#150250 - 09/20/16 12:32 AM Re: Time to Start Scouting?? [Re: Duke]
Duke Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Well there are two threads discussing "maybe" building hunting knives now. Anybody else beginning to scout a little? I haven't really been able to walk very far/much, BUT, at least I've been out a little and the leaves are starting to fall a little; swear that my neck might be starting to swell just the least bit. These are horrible, too far away, out of focus & taken too quick pics but I'm posting 'em anyway. The four times scouting have done my soul good.

Attachments
------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

Duke;RKS#5567
RKCC-CM-087
Southwest VA

#150252 - 09/20/16 01:23 AM Re: Time to Start Scouting?? [Re: Duke]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
looks like you have all your Ducks/turkeys in a row. LOL

just remember: not all the Turkeys in the woods have feathers. eek
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

Moderator:  Peter_Kaufman