Randall Made Knife Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#206796 - 05/05/24 08:17 PM Ugly ebay event...
22rimfire Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
You folks won't believe this one...well maybe you will.

I was looking at some Randalls there moments ago and saw a knife that interested me. I got to reading the description and there was absolutely nothing about the condition of the knife. The pictures showed some serious scratching, and spotting of the blade. I contacted the guy and asked about those issues and his response...(are you ready?)..."I'd rather you didn't buy the knife." That's it...nothing more. I about fell out of the chair when I read that. I figure somebody excited about the chance to buy might be happy to read the AI crap about the handsome styling and the confidence you will have when you add the knife to your collection. It's item if you wanna look 135046783806.

Anything like that ever frost your desire?

rimfire

papercollector@mac.com

#206804 - 05/06/24 05:37 PM Re: Ugly ebay event... [Re: 22rimfire]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Well....I do not...and will not sell on eBay again....maybe the response was not so much at you, BUT the rules of eBay....to say, all the advantage at eBay is for the buyer today....The seller has no rights, and not only, can have funds withheld by them, they require you to provide FREE return shipping, for buyers that decide, for whatever reason they do not like(for any reason) what was sent to them, what they bought, after viewing all photo's....Probably, the seller had that on their mind...
:-)Rocky
RKCC#25

#206807 - 05/06/24 09:14 PM Re: Ugly ebay event... [Re: thevalueman]
22rimfire Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
Rocky, the knife sold shortly after I posted the story here. I know exactly what you mean about all the hoops that sellers must jump through over there. I haven't sold anything there in years and my feedback is nearly 3000 on the site. If I should win a multi-million dollar lottery I would seriously consider starting up some stiff competition for them.

I can't imagine either one of us refusing to answer legitimate questions about an item we were selling...and that's the part that really stirred my PTSD.

Best regards,

rimfire

papercollector@mac.com

Moderator:  Mr_Mod