Thanks to all that have posted thus far.

From Randall Made Knives: The History of the Man and the Blades by Robert L.Gaddis pg.109
Quote:

All Purpose Carving Knife
The final new postwar knife wasn't really new at all, as Bo had been turning out some hand-forged carving knives from the beginning in 1937. What he did now was arrive at a 9-inch All-Purpose blade shape. Throughout the intervening years he had used numerous blade styles, both hand-forged and factory manufactured. From these emerged his own concept of the best all around table carving knife. Also carried in the line was his shorter 7-inch version of this knife, but it wasn't very popular and was soon dropped. Bo decided at the time to offer this "All-Purpose Carving Knife,'' as he named it, with only a stag handle.

Bo made nine prototypes with leather washer handles in early September, but he gave all of these as presents to close friends, except for one that he kept. This 9-inch blade design and stag handle combination has been retained to the present with only a few minor changes. The earliest postwar carvers had very small, sterling silver hilts, which were shortly changed to nickel silver and enlarged slightly. It wasn't until some years later that a factory made fork, with a Randall-attached stag handle, was offered as an accompaniment to the carver.

From the current catalog, p. 18
Quote:

Model 6 All Purpose Carving Set - ...Designed to meet every requirement as the ideal table knife, it is rustproof and will resist staining as ordinary blades do when used in carving meat. ...Complete set includes a high-quality stag-handled Sharpening Steel and Fork. Supplied with a three-compartment lined felt case.

Model 6 steak knife: 4 1/2" blade of 3/16" stainless steel stock. 4 1/2" - 4 5/8" handle of stag. Fitted with nickel silver hilt. Compartmentalized lined felt included.

As always, I'd like to thank Mr. Gaddis for his excellent source of information on Randall knives.

I personally think the number 6 grind is a very interesting blade. I think it would also be nice to see some number 6 grinds on other knives. I believe it is available on the model 7 and model 26 as well as some others. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Being the week before Thanksgiving, I'm sure a lot of you are anxiously awaiting the opportunity to use your number 6 carving sets. Hopefully you'll share those with us this week. Thank you.

Lady and gentleman, may we please see some model 6s.
Kevin

BSC-002