Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#163195 - 08/03/17 09:31 PM Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: New York
I recently picked up a Gulf Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club limited edition RMK Model 1-8" (my apologies for the weak pics), and was trying to figure out when it was released. In conducting some on-line research, I compiled the following information about the GCKC limited edition Randall Made Knives.

It appears that GCKC issued three limited edition RMKs, in addition to other (non-RMK) limited edition 'club' knives. Following is the information that I was able to unearth (there are more detailed descriptions for the 1-8" and 10-7" knives as I have examples in the collection; any additional info about the specifics of the 10-5" [or if anyone knows of one for sale] would be greatly appreciated).

I'm looking for comments, corrections, confirmation or additional GCKC information that any forum member (especially someone who was a GCKC member) may be able to provide about these RMKs. If anyone can confirm whether the GCKC issued COAs with these knives, please let me know. Thank you.

Here are the GCKC limited edition Randall knives (that I am presently aware of):

Model #10-5" Salt Fisherman & Household Utility knife
-Blade: 5" stainless steel of .125" stock. Thumb notches. Stamped "Randall Made Orlando FL" with double scimitars and "S". Reverse etched "GCKC # of 40 2000".
-Handle: Lignum Vitae (wood) scales. Notch/grip for index finger. 3 pins. Wrist thong hole (lined).
-Sheath: Tooled brown leather sheath. GCKC logo stamped on front. Reverse stamped with RMK logo and "# of 40".
-Notes: Full tang. Issued in 2000. Limited edition of 40.

Model #10-7" Salt Fisherman & Household Utility knife
-Blade: 7" stainless steel of .125" stock. Thumb notches. Stamped “Randall Made Orlando FL” with double scimitars and “S”. Reverse etched "GCKC # of 40 2002".
-Handle: Lignum Vitae (wood) scales. Notch/grip for index finger. 3 pins. Wrist thong hole (lined).
-Sheath: Randall (Sullivan’s) brown leather sheath with shark skin inlay on front. GCKC logo stamped on front. Reverse stamped with RMK logo, and "# of 40".
-Notes: Full tang. Issued in 2002. Limited edition of 40.

Model #1-8" All Purpose Fighting Knife
-Blade: 8" tool steel of .25" stock. NST grind. Top cutting edge sharpened. Stamped “Randall Made Orlando FLA” with double scimitars. Reverse etched “GCKC # of 40”.
-Handle: Lignum Vitae (wood). NS double hilt. 5 spacers (RWBWR) at hilt and 3 (RWB) at cap. Duralumin butt cap. Wrist thong hole in butt cap.
-Sheath: Randall (Sullivan’s) hand tooled brown leather no hone sheath. GCKC logo stamped on front. Reverse stamped with RMK logo, Sullivan’s logo and “# - 40”.
-Notes: Issued in 2004(?) (dated as per Arizona Custom Knives listing which references a COA dated 2004). Limited edition of 40.

NOTE: GCKC also apparently issued these other (non-RMK) LE knives:

-2005/6: Joe DeWitt Knives; clip point hunting knife; blade etched “Joe De Witt” and “# of 26”; file work to top of spine; handle of burl maple (18) or mother of pearl (8); OAL 8.375"; brown leather pouch sheath with GCKC logo stamped on front and knife number (e.g. “1”) stamped on reverse (made by Joe DeWitt's daughter?); limited edition of 26.

-2008: SCAR Knives Hunting Knife with 4.625” blade of .125” stock; blade stamped “SCAR” and etched on reverse “GCKC 2008 [number]”; NS double hilt, stag handle with thong hole; Sullivan’s brown leather Randall style modified Model B brown leather sheath with hone pocket and stone; GCKC and Sullivan's logo stamped on front; Sullivan's logo and # (matching knife etched #) on reverse; limited edition of 40.

Attachments
------GCKC RMK 1-8 #2.jpg

------GCKC RMK 1-8 #1.jpg

Edited by rfcarlin (08/05/17 11:28 AM)
RKCC #622

#163197 - 08/03/17 11:16 PM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: rfcarlin]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Bob,
You don't have to wonder about the 10-5 anymore.Pictures aren't
to good.It's 8 of 40.

Attachments
------001.JPG

------002.JPG

------003.JPG

Edited by Billy Poyner (08/03/17 11:23 PM)

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#163202 - 08/04/17 09:30 AM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: Billy Poyner]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tallahassee FL
Thanks for doing this Bob. I have been interested in the GCKC knives for quite a while. I have the 1/8, 10/7 and the 10/5. I will see if I have a good pic of the 10/5. I have never been able to find out much about them other than that they were done by the club which appears to now be defunct. But, being a lazy man, I have not put a lot of effort into it. ;-) Thanks again.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#163203 - 08/04/17 09:36 AM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: JE6245]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I looked back and determined that I bought the 10/7 from our very own GHD. A few months later, he gave me a heads-up on a 10/5 for sale by Tri City Knives (thanks again George) but I can no longer access their pics of the knife and have not taken any of my own. Sorry.

“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra

Me 2020

#163204 - 08/04/17 10:16 AM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: JE6245]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I was a member of the GCKC, which was based out of Fort Lauderdale...(My old stompin' grounds). The meeting were held on 17th Street, near Pier 66. Rigid54 was also in the club. Like a lot of knife clubs, when a few members moved away or passed on, there was nobody stepping up to right the ship. I still have a few contacts that I could check with (John Cheek was also a member) and find out more about their current status.
When Bob & Cora Blanchett moved to Lakeland, Fl...from Lauderdale the club lost it's key wheel turners.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#163207 - 08/04/17 11:13 AM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
JE6245 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I know you're very busy Captain but if you have a chance some time to get some more information, it would be much appreciated.

Me 2020

#163214 - 08/04/17 04:14 PM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: JE6245]
GHD Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: North Pole, Alaska
Your welcome Jim, every time I see one of those knives I think of you, those were two good finds.

#163215 - 08/04/17 04:55 PM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: GHD]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks guys for all for the comments, and thanks Billy for the photos. I updated the 10-5" information above based upon Billy's photos.

Billy, 3 pins in the 10-5" handle? Thong hole?

It looks like the 10-5" configuration is very similar to the 10-7", with the sheaths (aside from blade length) being the main difference. The 10-5" sheath looks more like the 1-8" sheath. Love the tooling on those sheaths! Sullivan's, as always, did some amazing artistry.

Jim, I love the detective work in finding out the history of a knife (or, here, a series of pretty cool limited edition RMK knives). If I find any more information on these, I will add it to descriptions at the top.

Thanks again for all the input.
RKCC #622

#163218 - 08/04/17 08:44 PM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: rfcarlin]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Bob,
It was late and my old eyes were tired when pictures were taken.
It has 3 pins and Thong hole.

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#163225 - 08/05/17 11:35 AM Re: Gold Coast Knife Collectors (GCKC) Club RMKs [Re: Billy Poyner]
rfcarlin Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Billy. Much appreciated.

I added your info (as well as some additional info based upon looking at my two GCKC knives and the RMK website descriptions) to the listings above.
RKCC #622

Moderator:  Mr_Mod