Randall Knife Collectors Club
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191638 - 01/18/21 01:11 PM Current state of the forum. How to contribute.
RTurbeville Offline
Knife Enthusiast

So it looks like if everybody willing to contribute will do so we can make it at least another year.

I'm going to pay hosting fees in advance to get a little better deal and stretch the dollar.

I will have to update both the server and software to bring it up to current. Right now it is terribly insecure and out of date. I will fix that, it just takes some time. In the near future the forums may be down over a weekend day or two for this updating. I will let everybody know beforehand.

To contribute please use paypal address of knifetalkforums@gmail.com

If you would rather donate by check, etc email me at knifetalkforums@gmail.com and I will send my address.

Please just contribute what the forum is worth to you and if everybody does that we should be fine. Any donation will cover your annual buy/sell fees for the year.

With eBay changing to direct bank deposit and asking for your date of birth and SSN it might be a good year to use the buy/sell forum here to avoid Big Brother and the Tax man smile

I don't really want to force a membership fee for everybody as people use the forum in various frequencies and put different values on it. I'm afraid if we add a pay wall for everybody it will stifle participation. I would prefer just to have an annual "cry for help" in January if we are short on fees and let people donate what is appropriate for them.

Thanks everybody for your support!

Edited by RTurbeville (01/18/21 01:18 PM)
RKS #4506

#191641 - 01/18/21 02:46 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: RTurbeville]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Rick thanks! Paypal sent, to keep it going.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#191643 - 01/18/21 03:30 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: GCTom41]
crutchtip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Not to get on the soapbox but I must. Rick mentioned ebay fees, well PayPal has fees also. More importantly, the are one of the most ardent anti-Second Amendment companies around (owned by ebay), plus they have banned several knife makers and have squashed knife deals. "Weapons of War" BS

Send rick a check.

BUY-SELL-TRADE

#191646 - 01/18/21 04:48 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: crutchtip]
william768 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I just sent some $ PP family and friends .

Thanks Rick.

Btw- There is No Fee for sending with Paypal "Family and Friends" . So will receive full amount .

Edited by william768 (01/18/21 05:17 PM)

#191647 - 01/18/21 04:50 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: william768]
pappy19 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Garden Valley, Idaho
PayPal sent.

Pap
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com

#191650 - 01/18/21 05:03 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: pappy19]
Dirty_Water Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: central fl.
Added 10%, that should cover any PayPal fees...

Thanks Rick for allowing us to keep the best Knife forums going!!

Scott
RKS #014

HE IS RISEN!, HE IS RISEN INDEED!

#191651 - 01/18/21 05:09 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: crutchtip]
Windsor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Not to get on the soapbox but I must. Rick mentioned ebay fees, well PayPal has fees also. More importantly, the are one of the most ardent anti-Second Amendment companies around (owned by ebay), plus they have banned several knife makers and have squashed knife deals. "Weapons of War" BS

Send rick a check.

Picking a nit here, "formerly owned by eBay." There was a divorce in 2015.

It was a weird one, too. Employees were divvied up without any input from the "grunts in the field." I know a couple of guys that were part of eBayPayPal, neither of them cared much for PayPal side. One of them got sucked into PayPal during the split and promptly turned in his 2-week notice.

Back to the OP, I threw money at Rick via .. PayPal (apologies to crutchtip).

#191652 - 01/18/21 05:30 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: Windsor]
RTurbeville Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I hear you guys on the paypal issues.

If anybody prefers venmo you can send it there to rickt@agva.com

Thanks,

Rick
RKS #4506

#191653 - 01/18/21 05:42 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: RTurbeville]
nate-dogg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: The Sunflower State
I just paid the annual knife sale fee via PayPal. Hopefully that helps some.

#191654 - 01/18/21 05:56 PM Re: Current state of the forum. How to contribute. [Re: RTurbeville]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...

PayPal acquired Venmo as part of its $800 million purchase of startup Braintree in 2013.

Just can't get away from them big boys. My daughter had one of her Venmo payments end up in the wrong account. Venmo said tough, that is your mistake. Say What?
She never got the money back from either the wrong account or Venmo. BS happens, but we have a bad taste from Venmo.
But, then again, I sold a knife on my website that had been delisted and sold years ago. Somehow a buyer in Canada found it in the ether. He paid via my website account (surprise it is Paypal). I refunded his payment in full immediately and told him the knife was not available. Paypal would not refund the fees saying it is described in the User Agreement. Uh, say what again? The account was set up with the website provider. They say they have nothing to do with user agreements.

Fun, fun, fun, 'til Daddy takes the T-bird away.

After the rant..........

Paypal F&F sent to you Rick (from my website account cutomknifetrader@comcast.net)

Thank you for the forums!!!
Molon Labe

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod