Miles Swelze Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188512 - 06/25/20 03:30 PM BLADE SHOW STATUS: Then & NOW!!
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Attention all members,
I just received billing from The Blade Show for my booth. Yesterday I received the request to send in the badge-holders names for the club tables. On the onset it would appear that the Blade Show is "going on"!
I have to admit, @ 71 years old, I have reservations about being stuck in an " A/C closed system" building for 4 days. I am staring this thread and writing this introduction to it for various reasons...but first: Please see my "exact response" sent back to The Blade Show folks.

"Due to the "turn of events" my position is (now) this:
* I will support The Blade Show "IF" the show goes on..."AND" if Florida residents are allowed safe passage with no quarantines.
* I will fill all 10 RKCC "Club Tables" and will chair our annual meeting in Room #103 @ 8:00 am on Saturday morning.
* I will not set up a booth.
I'm 71 years old and I (If I had any sense) would not (or should not) even be in a closed A/C system with all of the possibilities of Covid-19 being spread, despite everyone's (alleged) great effort.
Please advise if this is acceptable and I will provide all pertinent names for badges. Half of the RKCC members, setting up their fine displays, do not even want to come and I am torn, even asking them to.
Stay sharp, Captain Chris Stanaback
Founder: RKCC & RKCA"

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (07/16/20 03:05 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188514 - 06/25/20 03:33 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

<<<SECONDLY>>>
I need input. I want to know your feelings in this regard and I also want to know:
* Who's "IN"
* Who's "NOT IN"
I do not anyone coming or setting up for the RKCC unless it is of their own free will!

Thanks, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (06/25/20 03:33 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188515 - 06/25/20 04:00 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Eric Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan
Have your meeting over Zoom or MS Team. Support it but I am hoping we all stay away from such environments. The restrooms will be a hot bed for catching this protein. Just my 2 cents. I am still the only one who goes out for carry-out or groceries. Can’t trust the other 4 knuckleheads I live with,

#188516 - 06/25/20 04:52 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

The way this stuff is trending, it's not looking good.

#188518 - 06/25/20 05:27 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
REK Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Tampa, Florida
Capt. - As Wally said, the current trend isn’t good. I don’t doubt that there are many others who feel the way you do. I expect the Blade show will be much less well attended by both exhibitors and visitors this year. It’s disappointing, but I’ll be one of those staying away.

RKCC #CM 18
NRA Golden Eagle

#188520 - 06/25/20 05:55 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Eric]
Knife Enthusiast

Not to piss on anybody's Cheerios but 25% of the club don't own a smart phone. 10% don't even own any type of cell phone and, in total, 25% (or so) don't even own (& NEVER) plan to own any type of computer. For many, RMK news is still quite & very: "OLD SCHOOL"!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188523 - 06/25/20 06:22 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
BladesNBarrels Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: East Tincup General Store,Colo...
Hi Capt.
I am doing all of my meetings in the virtual world on an old laptop that is the only computer I have that actually has a camera built in - old tech.
I am using Zoom, GoToMeeting, Webex, and a couple of proprietary programs. These 3 work well internationally - Canada, Britain, Australia, and the European Union (What is left of it).
Each took about an hour prep work to get set up, familiar with the buttons and controls, and to sync it in.
Mitchell is still planning to be at our booth, Booth 6, and I was going to send him some knives to set out, but I don't think either one of us was going to set up a display in the Club area.
I will truly miss seeing everyone and miss attending the RKCC meeting in person. If you decide to try a virtual meeting, I am all in.
Thank you for your planning and attention to this.
Molon Labe

#188524 - 06/25/20 06:28 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
Knife Enthusiast

Wally,
So...At this point in time, are you and the lovely Lori a yes or a no? I want no one obligated,,,but I need to plan...and I've waited just about as long as I can.
OH yes: BTW: AGCA gun & knife show is "on" for July 18-19 and I'll be there!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#188527 - 06/25/20 06:42 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I'm out. I believe the current trend is just gonna leave the show in ruins. Other dealers are opting out, and other displayers are out. Not what I want, but the way it is. Now if a miracle happens, I'll revisit...

#188529 - 06/25/20 06:50 PM Re: BLADE SHOW STATUS...(I think)????? [Re: Wally]
Lori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
Chris,
Wally failed to mention that my mom is having knee replacement mid August and I can't take the chance getting exposed because I will be taking care of her when she comes home. I will so miss seeing my knife family!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod