dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174098 - 09/01/18 11:41 PM Model 14 Green Tenite - Sheath questions
digi-shots Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Can someone post some pics of the various combinations of knife and sheaths for the green Tenite model 14’s. I went thru the knife of the week section for the model 14 but many of the photos are no longer there. There were some great photos but I’m not clear on dates.

I know the very first green Tenite with exposed tang were shipped with the first early C sheaths (Lift the Dot snap). Was the exposed tang also later shipped with brown plastic snap-sheaths?

I have a copy of The Randall Chronicles by Pete Hamilton and explains the sequence of the C sheaths with approximated dates.

I’m not clear which sheath would be correct for the green Tenite without exposed tang...or for the ones with the two screws that have been epoxied over. Same for the later green Tenite knives without the metal tang grommet.

I would imagine there might be some overlap with sheaths especially when transitioning to new material,

Thanks for the help!

#174101 - 09/02/18 06:06 AM Re: Model 14 Green Tenite - Sheath questions [Re: digi-shots]
thevalueman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Georgia
Here is one I have/had...
:-)Rocky

Attachments
------Copy of DSCN0351.JPG

RKCC#25

#174102 - 09/02/18 07:01 AM Re: Model 14 Green Tenite - Sheath questions [Re: thevalueman]
digi-shots Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Rocky, very nice! Looks like the first type - lighter green with exposed tang along with first type sheath - lift the dot and copper rivets.

Thanks for posting!

Moderator:  Mr_Mod