Stanback Knives dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#165415 - 10/11/17 01:28 PM Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!!
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Although, for more reasons than I care to go into (believe you me), I have had to cancel several shows of late...I will be at this one! The show is held at the Central Florida fairgrounds, located on West Colonial Drive (also known as Hwy. #50) in Orlando. Show hours are:
Saturday: 9-5
Sunday: 10-5
Hurricane Irma has caused havoc on our community, to include RMK knife deliveries. I will not have a new, fresh order of those sharp beauties to un-wrap and share with all of you. However I am going to share something with all of you that's pretty cool.
I will be offering, for sale (That's right: FOR SALE) about 30 Randall, Behring and Treeman knives, un-earthed from deep within The Captain's "STASH"!! I will also be bringing about 30 pieces of dynamite handle material, also from The Captain's "STASH"!!
I have way...WAY...too much stuff. It's time to thin the herd a tad. This could be a golden opportunity for some of you good folks to pick up a treasure! I sure hope you make it to the show. There will be (amongst others):
* "Kit" knives
* Seperate "S" (& Low "S") knives
* 6 hunting, fishing and camp knives, made with absolutely "KILLER" amber stag, which was supplied by me!
* One-of-a-kinds!
* Even a couple of re-handles!
I am going to do this type of show, from time to time. Be there or be square!
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
PS: Oh...Did I mention "sheaths" also?? (Ha-Ha)...CCS
PPS: Tease: Here's one that's making the trip. Very early Model #20..and a super oddball, once belonging to (In fact, purchased from) the late Perry Miller! Special blade grind and quite special JRB sheath!...CCS

Attachments
------Oddball #20-A.JPG

------Oddball #20-C.JPG

------Oddball #20-D.JPG

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (10/11/17 01:30 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#165416 - 10/11/17 01:49 PM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

This is 1 of the longer stretches between Orlando gun shows in the calendar year.... and although there are MUCH better places we should be =(, I am happy it's over!
See you Saturday mornin!

Edited by RamKingJC (10/11/17 01:51 PM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#165457 - 10/12/17 12:45 PM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: RamKingJC]
Knife Enthusiast

While I appreciate everyone's "zeal", I cannot micro-manage this offer and do not have the time to compartmentalize and individually list separate products, per the multitude of requests I have received, since posting this thread. The requests have come via phone, text and email.
This is one knife viewing ya'll will have to be there to appreciate! Sorry: That's final. I barely have enough time to pull all of this together as it is.
Thanks for your understanding.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#165464 - 10/12/17 04:38 PM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
spark42 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kentucky
Capt.
A big part of the fun of seeing your "stash" is hearing the stories of when you obtained the piece.
Take care of your self.
Safe travels.

Dennis
RKS #4298
RKCC #CM057

#165493 - 10/15/17 12:02 PM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: spark42]
Sharpi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt' stash is awesome some really kool vintage knives
New stuff
Nahwal
Some super rehandles
Behring
Handle material G- something maple amboynia
If Clinton didn't email me to Pony up on my spring order I woulda brought something home
Tks
Cap
Feel better
Sharpi

#165509 - 10/16/17 07:13 AM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Knife Enthusiast

The show was awesome, to include selling, trading and signing up new club members (even "International" ones!). Thanks to all who stopped by. Thanks to all who called, emailed, pm'd and phoned, resulting in about 85 RMKs sold out of my "STASH"!!
Thanks also to James, Bill and Mike for helping out. Also to our guest star (un-announced) Dennis who drove a 1400 mile (round trip) path to come see us! I appreciate you guys. Unfortunately, TK ("Froggy" on this forum) was under the weather and we didn't get to see him this weekend.
As a result of the huge response to my long-awaited "Grip-loosening" of some of The Captain's "STASH", I am going to amend my website to include a separate designated section, showcasing items from my stash. It is the only way to offer many an equal chance to dig into the treasure chest and carry on home a piece...(or "2") of their very own.
I am also working on some artwork, to be included as a form of "COA" with each of my pieces. I posted up on this forum that I was going to pull about 30 pieces from my "stash" to take to the show. "All" were sold, prior to the show! I pulled 30 more and "all" were sold prior to the show! I pulled 60 more and less than 50 actually made it to the show! By creating a designated area on my website for some of this 'ol stuff (& newer as well) I hope to share with the knife community some of my treasures, obtained over the past 50 years.
Thanks for your continued support of Randall Made Knives and of "what I do"!...to be continued...
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------Cap's #7-4 (FG) stag handle.jpg

------Captain Chris' #11-3 Amber STG-B.JPG

------Captain Chris' Stash-#11-4-GRN CANVAS-A.JPG

------Captain's #6 pair-B.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#165512 - 10/16/17 10:14 AM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
RamKingJC Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Definitely another fun show! GREAT even.
TK was missed.
Having Dennis show up was the surprise of the weekend, thank you Dennis.
Thanks Capt. for the trade, could not have asked for a better example!

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#165548 - 10/17/17 05:41 PM Re: Orlando Gun & Knife Show: THIS WEEKEND!! [Re: RamKingJC]
spark42 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kentucky
A friend told me a few weeks ago that you should never get to busy to spend time with friends.
I have been to busy lately.
Had a great time at the show. A big Thank You to James and the lovely Becky.
And to Billy and the Capt. for letting me hang out with y'all at the table.
The Capt. had some great knives from his "STASH"
I had to give a #26 a knew home.

Attachments
------IMG_2485.jpg

Description: Billy the Capt. and James

------IMG_2488.jpg

Description: #26 4" w/Ivorite "old yellar" teardrop handle

RKS #4298
RKCC #CM057

Moderator:  Mr_Mod