Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121749 - 10/10/14 02:57 PM The 2nd Small Arkansas Toothpick Ever Made? ****
05CarbonDRZ Offline
Just dropped in

I recently purchased this small Arkansas Toothpick with Elephant Ivory Handle,Nickel Silver Coolie Cap,Lugged Hilt,Fluted Collar and Escutcheon Plate.The Plate is Engraved "Randall Made Knives 1958".The small Arkansas Toothpick was not a Catalog item until sometime in the early 1960's.There is a Leather spacer in between the Coolie Cap and handle and the Collar and Handle.The Blade has a far more aggressive grind than the later Toothpicks with a more needle like pointed tip.I believe the Blade is an unmarked Stainless Blade as I tested it with Cold Blue and it did not take.This post was made by Ron Mathews on another Forum:

"Bob Gaddis had the advantage of being able to do his research in the shop with complete access to all the Randall files. On page 164 of his book, he says "The Small Arkansas Toothpick was a special order version of the latter years of the 50's, which went on to become a standard catalog model in the early 1960's. The first notation of it in the journal was dated 5 November 1958 and stated simply #13-5 from 3/16"stock, plus the name of the person ordering this knife. Eleven months later, on 6 October 1959, the records showed the next small toothpick order from a dealer who requested a very fancy model with 6-inch blade, nickel silver lugged hilt, ivory handle, plus nickel silver collar and butt cap."

I just wanted to post this here to get more expert opinions on this Knife.I appreciate any and all responses.

Attachments
------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

------image.jpg

#121753 - 10/10/14 07:10 PM Re: The 2nd Small Arkansas Toothpick Ever Made? [Re: 05CarbonDRZ]
RKS3500 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Very cool and unique, great catch!!

Rob

#121755 - 10/10/14 09:42 PM Re: The 2nd Small Arkansas Toothpick Ever Made? [Re: 05CarbonDRZ]
New2Randalls Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kalifornia
That's a cool looking 13, especially with ivory handle. I've got one in my collection with ivory, not as old as yours.

Dan Snyder
RKCC CM-155

#121767 - 10/11/14 01:58 PM Re: The 2nd Small Arkansas Toothpick Ever Made? [Re: New2Randalls]
Guido_Bitossi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florence, Italy
Super Super Knife..!
I do like the Leather spacer to amortize expansion!

#121768 - 10/11/14 03:21 PM Re: The 2nd Small Arkansas Toothpick Ever Made? [Re: Guido_Bitossi]
05CarbonDRZ Offline
Just dropped in

Originally Posted By: Guido_Bitossi
Super Super Knife..!
I do like the Leather spacer to amortize expansion!

Thank You,The Leather spacers have been doing their job.There are no major cracks just checking.

Moderator:  Mr_Mod