Stanback Knives Sharp Investments Net
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Blades, Bullets & Bows
Jump to new posts Re: Airguns Anyone?? by Wayne Dengler @ 30 minutes 46 seconds ago

In the latest Backwoodsman Magazine there was a nice article about the Asian Horse Bows. I might check some of them out. Looks interesting. Wayne
Behring Made Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: Tarzan Knife by Wayne Dengler @ 34 minutes 27 seconds ago

Back in the 40s (I think) my father saw Johnny Weissmuller at the NY Athletic Club swim across the pool with a glass of water on his back and not spill a drop! I don't think many folks can do that now a days!! Waybe
Fixed Blade Knives - Photo Gallery
Jump to new posts Re: David Roeder 6" hunter by coachblalock @ Today at 12:02 PM

When I read "not stabilized", the first thing I thought was TUNG OIL. Be nice to see what Mango wood looks like after 15-20 light coats of Tung Oil done 2-3 days apart.
Fixed Blade- Buy, Sell and Trade $10.00 Fee per Knife
Jump to new posts FS: SCAR KNIVES GUTCHER SPECIAL #008 *SOLD* by mileswelze @ Today at 11:19 AM

I'm selling a SCAR Knives Gutcher Special #008. (of about 20 made, I'm told) The knife is in original condition and larger than you might think. 4.75" blade and just under 10.5" overall length. Large fingers grips, feels great in hand. Not
Blades, Bullets & Bows
Jump to new posts Re: Mossberg Shock Wave by Wayne Dengler @ Today at 08:30 AM

Warren, As you know,you basically just point a shotgun but it is nice to have that big XS sight out front. Lofty, Yep,I hate the Shock Wave so much that I am going to the range tomorrow to "hate" it some more. The range officer doubted th
Dirty Waters Lounge -The GOOD at Knife Talk Forums
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by Wayne Dengler @ Today at 08:23 AM

Snowed last night,not much,basically a snizzle but it did snow. Weather should improve,maybe,over the next week. Probably by July we might see it in the 60s...............maybe. Would like to go fishing,but with the water just this side of ice,not
Jump to new posts Re: David Roeder 6" hunter by rodbrown @ Today at 07:17 AM

Rob Great looking knife. I am a fan of wooden handles. But never have heard/seen of mango wood. Very interesting and unique.
Blades, Bullets & Bows
Jump to new posts Re: Mossberg Shock Wave by Lofty @ Yesterday at 09:11 PM

A bigger bead is a better bead as for a shotgun, for sure, Wayne, especially on the shorty. Easy to tell you really hate the thing, with every word.
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by pappy19 @ Yesterday at 07:43 PM

Beautiful here today, 70 and elk every where. A far cry from this time last year. I feel for you all still experiencing winter. Hang in there. Pap
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by W Polidori @ Yesterday at 06:29 PM

Been snowing on and off all day here, at times Blizzard conditions. More coming tonight and tomorrow. Heading south tomorrow, can't wait for 80's.
Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by Lofty @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

The Puma Game Warden has survived me as the single owner since earliest 70's. Am quite proud to have put every bit of wear on scales and brass, and we have been many places and done many things together. The Cold Steel take on the Opinel has a 1/8th
Jump to new posts Re: David Roeder 6" hunter by Windsor @ Yesterday at 02:02 PM

Thanks. The handle is not stabilized, so I'm looking up the best way to seal it. My "go to" for that is old school tung oil, so that's the likely path.
Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by Lofty @ Yesterday at 09:58 AM

Now THAT'S a pocket knife. For pockets in what, I do not know. Perhaps a backpack? Most length restrictions are rather stupid, anywhere, as by the time one gets to most restricted lengths in most places, nobody wants to carry the things. Giant Al Ma
Blades, Bullets & Bows
Jump to new posts Re: Mossberg Shock Wave by W Polidori @ Yesterday at 09:05 AM

Wayne, Who needs a front sight on a close range scatter gun?
Blades, Bullets & Bows
Jump to new posts Re: Mossberg Shock Wave by Wayne Dengler @ Yesterday at 08:33 AM

I took the Shock Wave to the range again yesterday. I also had installed a large XS front sight on it. Seems the more I fire this piece,the better I like it. Like I had said before,the recoil is really a non-event.
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by Wayne Dengler @ Yesterday at 08:31 AM

Right now,it is raining again and just above freezing. Fishing season opened last week end but it is too cold and miserable to even think of going out. Maybe by July. Wayne
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by Eric @ Yesterday at 07:40 AM

Warren, It is going to start warming up soon. It's almost May. The Tulips cannot be stopped.
Jump to new posts Re: How's Your Weather? by W Polidori @ Yesterday at 07:11 AM

Spring and stupid both begin with "s". They now belong in the same sentence.
Randall Made Knives
Jump to new posts Re: Knife Of The Week Model 12 by Abercenfi @ Yesterday at 05:03 AM

Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by desert.snake @ Yesterday at 03:40 AM

Big folding knives, it's cool, that's my favorite. We have a restriction on folding knives with a lock, the maximum length of the blade is 15 cm, this is 13.9 cm (5.5") and strong enough lock
Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by Lofty @ Yesterday at 12:48 AM

My own attitude has always been, "why carry a 3" blade if I can carry a 4" blade?" So, 4 1/4" sounds good to me, too. However, most knives pull up short by some fraction of an inch of that 4" mark, and many of those st
Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by W Polidori @ 04/18/18 08:55 PM

Way I always heard it the Benchmade caused a Ruckas. Looking into it further I had a Benchmade 610BKS. So, how bout a folder with a 4.25" blade,
Jump to new posts Re: R.I.P. Gunnery Sgt. R. Lee Ermey by Shoot870p @ 04/18/18 08:49 PM

Sure hate to hear of his passing. RIP Gunny.
Randall Made Knives
Jump to new posts Re: New follower/member by Shoot870p @ 04/18/18 08:47 PM

Welcome Mike!
Folding Knife Discussion
Jump to new posts Re: The Big Tough Folder... by Lofty @ 04/18/18 08:30 PM

I remember the 610, but, had to look up specs. By way of comparison with above posted knives, it had the thickness of the thicker Reeve, but 1/4" more length than the Hinderer, and almost identical weight just under 8oz. Probably carried even mo
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >