oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Any good news from the meeting at Blade? oldguy

#204153 - 06/05/23 11:49 PM Re: RKCC Meeting [Re: oldguy]
Lori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
I am sure that the Captain will add information concerning the meeting when he comes in and winds down a bit. He was still traveling as of today. He may post here, or he may post on the other thread that I created for Blade 2023.

Edited by Lori (06/05/23 11:50 PM)

#204209 - 06/08/23 05:13 PM Re: RKCC Meeting [Re: Lori]
oldguy Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Yeehaw Junction
Thanks.

#204262 - 06/13/23 11:50 AM Re: RKCC Meeting [Re: oldguy]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I've been slammed, after a record show at Blade. I'll post more details by week's end. 1st: Pappy: Yes, I've lost weight. Since my nasty Covid case, contracted at last year's Blade Show, I've lost 79 pounds.
OK: On to Blade data. There were several things introduced (& re-introduced) at this year's RKCC club meeting. Shown in our current edition of "KNIFE KNEWS" are the liquid metal signs. One for RMK & 1 for RKCC. Steve White had 1 of the 100 wood-burning offerings he is having made by custom order. I'll get a pic of these items by week's end and post them in this thread.
The RKCC/RKCA were "both" well represented at the meeting with several auctions sold to benefit the RKCA. As for the RKCC? See below.
The RKCC has a new..."4th" edition CLUB KNIFE! (Or should I say: KNIVES!) A little back ground 1st. Here's the "reason" for these offerings.
I was fortunate enough to become and authorized Randall knife dealer in May of 1983. I cannot put into words just how much this has meant and continues to mean to me. OK: Let's do the "math": 2023? Add it up: I'm celebrating my "40th Anniversary" as an authorized RMK dealer!
With that in mine, the new club knife is a matching pair of Stanaback Specials! Lots of options but the most significant one is the use of the last batch (freshly cut & sized) of my BONE LINEN micarta! All knives are etched RKCC 1 OF 40th.
Over half of the orders have already been sold and you have to be a RKCC member in good standing to be able to order. You do "not" have to buy both knives. You can order the 4" or the 4 5/8" alone if you wish! I will get some shots of the set that were passed around the show in as soon a fashion as time permits. I think you'll like what you see.
40 sets (80 knives, in total) will be made with my bone linen. 10 additional sets will be made with whatever RMK, shop supplied- material you chose.
That's it for this Tuesday: Photos soon (I promise)
Thanks for being a loyal club member,
Stay Sharp, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#204263 - 06/13/23 01:13 PM Re: RKCC Meeting [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Uncle Mike Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Wisconsin
Hi Captain, put me down for both Stanaback Specials, I've wanted one for a while. Sight unseen I'll take both, regards, Mike

Mike C
RKCC No. 825

#204271 - 06/15/23 05:12 PM Re: RKCC Meeting [Re: Uncle Mike]
spark42 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kentucky
Great meeting Capt. I think the number attending was over 50 with 3 from the Randall shop. It worked out better starting at 8:30. I know it put was difficult on the members that had tables. Scotty was missed. I understand he is still not completely over Coved. Hope to see him next year if not sooner.

Dennis
RKS #4298
RKCC #CM057