I have to confess– but not very repentfully- that I am one of those who used to buy a couple of Randalls well over list price: a #3 hunter for my father as a gift on his 65th birthday - for obvious reasons he could not wait 5 years for the knife to arrive.; then a friend of mine asked me to get a bushmaster for him within short time as a reward for himself upon his succesful passing the German hunting license exam (which is a costly and time consuming procedure here), the price ticket was 200 bucks over list price but he was very happy when he received the knife. And I have bought quite a bunch of RMK´s in the past with non standard handle material in the wellknown 4-letter internet auctionhouse: for me it does not make any sense to buy exotic woods at relatively high costs locally, and ship that material at costly overseas airfreight charges to the RMK shop if I can get the finished knife at an upmarked but still reasonable price at once.

My point is : people may have very good reasons to pay over list price; and for those of you who are at a loss for a good pretext , here´s one that works anytime:

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BUY CHEAP LOW-QUALITY KNIVES .

Cheers & have a good evening.
RKS #1270
RKCC #CMI-008